Hiflex Launching MIS Cloud Computing at GRAPH EXPO
With Cloud Computing users perform work via the internet. A key technical facet to Cloud Computing is the use of ‘virtualization’. Instead of running on a dedicated server, applications now run on ‘virtual machines’ (VM). Several VMs can share the same hardware, can be implemented in seconds and, if no longer needed, can disappear as fast as they appear.
When outsourcing applications to data centers, users still usually know where and on which computer their software is running. With Cloud Computing this track disappears in ‘the Cloud’. But it is also possible to work within a ‘Private Cloud’. This approach offers access to abstracted IT infrastructures within the users own organization, so the data still remains in house and on their own internal systems.
The reason for the general enthusiasm of Cloud Computing is the significantly reduced investment and expense for service of their computer hardware. By using a Cloud Computing solution, available computing capabilities rise far beyond what companies are accustomed to with in-house solutions. In example, professional data centers guarantee continuous availability of systems at above 99 percent efficiency. Systems are also monitored and supervised 24/7 and provide redundant hardware provides failover security. Different studies prove that especially small to mid-sized companies benefit from this.
• Servers and software are installed at external service providers
• Communication with the server always occurs via the internet – employees can access the system from everywhere, at any time
• Servers are virtualized making them bullet proof
• Processing power and data storage can be distributed over several servers
• Performance and storage are arbitrarily and quickly scalable
• External data centers offer optimized infrastructure and protection for software and data that are matched to the user’s needs and budget
• No initial investment or expense in hardware procurement
Hiflex is an international software provider developing sophisticated solutions for commercial and technical process automation in the print and media industry: Hiflex MIS (Management Information System) is a fully JDF-compliant solution which models and supports all business processes in printing houses and media companies. It is subdivided into the business areas Office and Factory. Hiflex Print Support is a highperformance web-based procurement system providing print and media purchasers with a highly developed tool to organize their familiar procurement processes more efficiently.