Tell Buyers that Print Rules! —DeWese
The Truth About Print
Print is often criticized for its loss of value and importance in the market, as well as its impact on the environment. It is essential to convey the message that print is important to brand recognition and the sales process, and that we are an environmentally and socially responsible industry.
The following tools and resources have been developed to help printers convey these messages to the media, your customers, the government and other industries.
• "The Fine Print" PR Toolkit (member log in required). Use this toolkit to convey the value of print and counteract negative statements from the media and objections to print by the consumer. This packet of PDFs is filled with resources and statistics to help you communicate the value of print. www.printing.org/fineprint
• Print in the Mix: A Clearinghouse of Research on Print Media Effectiveness. It advocates print as a viable and effective ROI within the marketing media mix. This Website presents compelling, verifiable and factual data from a variety of academic and reputable sources that make the case for print. www.printinthemix.rit.edu
• The Green Guide for Graphic Communications (member log in required). It provides a step-by-step approach to evaluating and marketing your sustainability profile. This resource can help you make appropriate and credible green claims; issue periodic reports on your green progress; better understand third-party certification and eco-labels; and more. www.printing.org/greenguide
• "Why Print? The Top 10 Ways Print Helps You Prosper" full-color brochure. www.theprintcouncil.org/whyPrint.htm
• Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP). This voluntary program is designed to reduce the environmental impact and increase social responsibility of the print and graphic communications industry.
It recognizes and acknowledges printers that are committed to sustainable and green printing through a formal registry program. www.sgppartnership.org
• Print Delivers seminars, hosted by The Print Council, are designed to educate media and marketing decision makers about the role and advantages of print.