GRAPH EXPO to Offer Seminar Program Customized for 11 Market Segments
RESTON, VA—May 25, 2011—Graphic communications professionals will find not only the latest cutting-edge technologies, but also a host of customized educational opportunities this fall when they attend GRAPH EXPO 2011. The year’s largest graphic communications exhibition in the Americas includes an extensive seminar program that addresses issues of interest for professionals at all levels of the graphic communications firm.
GRAPH EXPO 2011 will be held Sept. 11-14, 2011, in Chicago’s McCormick Place South. The learning opportunities will kick-off with the popular the pre-show EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK conference on Saturday, Sept. 10 and continue the seminar sessions from Sunday, Sept. 11 through Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Led by professionals who are experts in their field, GRAPH EXPO’s educational conference will feature more than 50 seminars covering today’s most critical industry issues. The sessions span 11 diverse market segments across the entire spectrum of the graphic communications industry, and provide the latest forecasts, trends and in-depth information on key technologies, and essential business strategies that will allow attendees to capitalize on the best profit-making opportunities in their markets.
Sessions will be offered in a variety of formats, from hands-on workshops that emphasize skills development to in-depth panel sessions and technology/trends overviews. And, to ensure a learning experience that is tailored specifically for each attendee’s individual needs, the seminar program features educational offerings for a wide array of subject categories. Topics include:
- Cloud Computing
- Color Management
- Digital Media
- Digital Presses
- E-Books and Related Media
- Graphic Applications
- Interactive Media
- Lean Management and Manufacturing
- Mailing and Fulfillment
- Mergers, Joint Ventures, and Acquisitions
- Non-print Digital Imaging
- Printable Electronics
- Print Buying
- Sales and Marketing
- Social Networking
- Trends and Opportunities
“Be they industry newcomers or long-time veterans, top management or production floor personnel, GRAPH EXPO’s educational conference delivers to attendees a customized educational experience,” said Ralph Nappi, President of the Graphic Arts Show Company. “Attendees will come away from every seminar having learned actionable tips and techniques that they can implement in their operations to maximize productivity and profits.”
Highlights of the seminars being offered at GRAPH EXPO 2011 include:
• “New Business Opportunities for Printers,” which covers 10 specific areas where printers can, and will, make money
• “Technology Revolution: The Quickening Pace of Change,” a primer on the latest technologies driving graphic communications today—from QR codes to data analytics to augmented reality—and how printers can use them to their advantage
• “Digital Printing for Packaging: Ready or Not!” which explores how digital printing is impacting package printing
• “Troubleshooting Techniques for Sheetfed Lithographic Presses,” a problem-solving session that will pinpoint the most effective techniques for troubleshooting offset press-related problems
• “The State of Our Industry 2011,” which examines what we can expect from the economy and our industry through 2015, and how some companies will maintain their industry leadership—and others won’t
• “E-Books and Digital Editions: Premedia Techniques for Adobe CS5,” a fast-paced lab session that will illustrate the concepts and methods to turn static, two-dimensional print projects into e-publications for multiple communications channels
• And much, much more!
The educational offerings of GRAPH EXPO 2011 will kick off on the eve of the graphic communications exhibition, with the ever-popular EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK pre-show technology trends conference. Taking place on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2011, the day before the show opens at McCormick Place South, this year’s EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK carries the theme, “Embracing Technology and Market Trends for Profitability.”
In addition to providing practical information on how to use technology to gain a competitive advantage in today’s recovering economy, EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK will conclude with a presentation of the MUST SEE ‘EMS nominees—those exhibits and products chosen by a panel of industry experts as the most compelling of the show, and Positively Print awardees—whose campaigns creatively and effectively promote the enduring power of print in today’s media mix.
Recognized as the commercial printing, publishing, mailing and transactional exposition for the Americas, GRAPH EXPO 2011 themed, “Embrace Technology,” has been designed to offer a customized show-going experience for a diverse spectrum of attendees from 11 key market segments. The exhibition will offer the latest graphic communications technologies, live equipment demonstrations on the show floor, plus education on the most in-demand products and profit-making opportunities.
Attendees will find nine special interest sections on the show floor. These include:
- the 2011 debut of the Marketing Pavilion, offering education, resources and networking opportunities for today’s marketers;
- News Print pavilion, that returns by attendee demand for a second year at GRAPH EXPO 2011 and answers the call from newspaper printers and production executives for a dedicated show floor section;
- PackPrint, covering package printing;
- Future Print, featuring Printed Electronics and RFID;
- Mailing & Fulfillment Center, the industry’s largest mailing event anywhere in the Americas;
- third-annual GREENspace, a showcase dedicated to sustainability and eco-friendly products and services;
- Prepress/Software/Workflow section;
- Press/Finishing section; and
- Education Main Street, for attendees seeking well-educated, talented industry newcomers to augment their company’s workforce.
For more information or to register for the pre-show EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK conference, visit www.graphexpo.com/SessionsEvents/EXECUTIVEOUTLOOK.aspx. For more information or to register for GRAPH EXPO 2011 and its extensive seminar program, visit: www.graphexpo.com.
About Graphic Arts Show Co. (GASC)
GRAPH EXPO and PRINT are produced by the Graphic Arts Show Co. (GASC). GASC is owned by the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL), NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (NPES), and the Printing Industries of America. GASC is located at 1899 Preston White Dr., Reston, VA 20191, telephone: 703/264-7200, fax: 703/620-9187, e-mail: email@example.com.