GRAPH EXPO 2012 Best of the Best Technology Unveiled
CHICAGO—Oct. 6, 2012—The top new technology products in each of the GRAPH EXPO 2012 Must See ’Ems categories were revealed at the close of the popular annual EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference that precedes the opening of the show each year. These “Best of Category” winners were selected from the pool of winning entries in the Must See ’Ems competition judged by a panel of industry experts, journalists, and consultants who based their choices on the impact they believe these new technologies will have on the industry.
“Changing technology is a constant in the graphic communications industry and these ’Best of Category’ selections, along with the other Must See ’Ems winners, highlight some of the most intriguing new technology products introduced within the past year,” said GASC President Ralph Nappi.
For the first time this year, Must See ’Ems winners were announced prior to GRAPH EXPO to allow attendees to best plan in advance their show floor schedules. New as well this year was a pre-show webinar hosted by program coordinator Hal Hinderliter, who reviewed each technology in-depth and examined the rationale behind each selection.
Attendees were able to factor the webinar information into their personalized GRAPH EXPO Show Planner to build a roster of exhibitors to visit, organize their time in Chicago, and print out their agenda planner to take to the show.
This year’s Must See ’Ems “Best of Category” winners are:
• SALES AND ORDER ENTRY—EFI M500 Self-Serve Copy and Print Station which allows users to access, pay, and print in a completely self-serve environment, whether accessing files from their USB drives, mobile devices, or cloud accounts.
• PREPRESS AND PREMEDIA—Ricoh Clickable Paper, a new cross-media service enabling consumers to point an iPhone or Android smartphone at any printed surface and be automatically linked to any kind of online media.
• PRESSROOM (ANALOG PRESSES)—Heidelberg Prinect Image Control Next Generation, a print shop workflow that integrates and manages the entire print production process.
* PRESSROOM (DIGITAL PRESSES)—HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press, a B2 format designed to be compatible with standard sheet sizes and conventional finishing devices to provide digital print at the same quality as offset.
• PRESSROOM (WIDE-FORMAT)—Xante Excelagraphix 4200 which features Memjet Waterfall Printhead Technology that delivers more than three billion drops of ink per second, for print speeds up to eight times faster than traditional inkjet technology.
• POSTPRESS FINISHING (DIGITAL AND SMALL FORMAT)—Xerox Integrated PLUS Finishing Solution for Booklets which enables automatic job preparation and finishing to increase productivity.
• POSTPRESS FINISHING (WIDE-FORMAT)—EFI Layout Option for Fiery wide-format solution which can create advanced nestings that are set up either for minimum waste or minimizing cut paths for a smoother finishing workflow.
• IMPRINTING, MAILING, SHIPPING, AND FULFILLMENT—Bowe Systec Fusion Cross, an inserting system capable of processing a wide spectrum of envelope formats and filling thicknesses while still being fast, gentle to the material, and reliable.
• MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS—EFI PrintFlow Dynamic Scheduling—Employee and Tool Constraints, a new capability which can optimize a printing company’s complete schedule automatically, taking into consideration multiple, concurrent constraints.
• FUTURE PRINT—Pageflex Dynamic Media which lets users create customized in-stream and in-banner videos that speak directly to the viewer in a personalized and cost-effective way.
For complete information about the GRAPH EXPO 2012 Must See ’Ems, and to register for the show that runs Oct. 7-10, 2012, in Chicago’s McCormick Place, visit www.graphexpo.com.
About GRAPH EXPO 2012
Recognized as the most expansive exhibition in the Americas of offset, digital and hybrid technologies, products and services for the commercial, transactional, converting and package printing, publishing, mailing, in-plant, photo imaging and marketing industries, this year’s “Print Integrated” themed GRAPH EXPO will offer an exciting show-going experience for a diverse spectrum of attendees. The tradeshow will present the latest graphic communications technologies in live equipment demonstrations across the show floor and education on the most in-demand products and newest profit-making opportunities.
GRAPH EXPO and PRINT are produced by the Graphic Arts Show Co. (GASC). GASC is owned by the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL), NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (NPES), and the Printing Industries of America.