Five Best of Show Entries Honored in Golden Image Competition During SGIA Expo
LAS VEGAS — September 19, 2016 — The winners of the Golden Image Competition were announced last week at the 2016 SGIA Expo — along with the esteemed “Best of Show” winners, who represent the top tier of the imaging industry.
“The Golden Image award recognizes the highest quality printers who achieve remarkable control and ability,” said Johnny Shell, SGIA’s VP of technical services. “Only the best in the industry are awarded this prestigious honor.”
The Golden Image Competition recognized the highest standard of imaging and covered almost every item — no matter how complex — in the specialty graphics industry, and awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention ribbons. Among the Gold winners, the best of the best were chosen by members of the Academy of Screen and Digital Printing Technologies and given the highly sought-after “Best of Show” award. Congratulations to the 2016 “Best of Show” winners:
- People’s Choice — “Ship to Shore — David Mayhew” by DuraPlaq—Attendees vote by scanning entries they like the most, and the entry with the most scans wins.
- Best of Show: Graphic — “The Grand Budapest Hotel” by The Half and Half—Awarded to the best entry from among all gold winners in graphic categories.
- Best of Show: Garment — “Hands of Miles” by Midi Print Co—Awarded to the best entry from among all gold winners in garment categories.
- Best of Show: Digital — “Ship to Shore — David Mayhew” by DuraPlaq—Awarded to the best entry from among all gold winners in digital category subgroups.
- Best in Creativity — “Dream of Circles” DuraPlaq—Awarded to the best design/application entry from among all gold winners in digital category subgroups
SGIA — Supporting the Leaders of the Digital & Screen Printing Community
“Specialty imaging” comprises digital imaging, screen printing and the many other imaging technologies SGIA members use, including those they’ll tap in the future. These are the imaging processes and technologies employed to create new products and to enhance existing products including point-of-purchase displays, printed electronics, membrane switches, signs, advertisements, garments, containers and vehicles. Make the most of your specialty imaging business.