Donnelley Sets Pace With 41 Gold Ink Awards
CHICAGO—RR Donnelley was recognized with 41 awards in the 2014 Gold Ink Awards competition, one of the printing industry's most prestigious competitions. This year's Gold Ink Award winners were selected from more than 1,000 entries submitted in nearly 50 different categories. Winning pieces surpassed their competitors based on print quality, technical difficulty and overall visual effect. A panel of distinguished graphic arts professionals judged entries over the course of four days.
"We are deeply honored that this esteemed panel of experts has recognized RR Donnelley with so many awards across so many categories," said Thomas Quinlan, president and CEO of RR Donnelley. "Showcasing the superior work we produce on behalf of our customers is a source of pride for us all."
Sixteen RR Donnelley facilities produced the pieces that were recognized with an award across five primary categories, including 15 awards in commercial printing, 13 awards in catalogs, eight awards in magazines, four awards in packaging and one award in books.
In total, RR Donnelley received five Gold awards, six Silver awards, three Bronze awards and 27 Pewter awards. Categories and projects recognized with a Gold award, the competition's highest accolade, included:
• Commercial Printing—Annual Reports Category: National Fish and Wildlife Foundation 2013 Annual Report, Landesberg Design;
• Catalogs—Consumer Catalogs, Sheetfed: Herman Miller Collection 2014;
• Catalogs—Consumer Catalogs, Web: Coach Essentials Fall 2013, The Shoe Edition;
• Magazine—Newspaper Inserts: Walgreens Happy and Healthy Holiday Gift Guide 2013;
• Magazine—Sunday Magazines: The New York Times Magazine, December 1, 2013.
The 2014 Gold Ink Award pieces were featured in Printing Impressions' September issue and at GoldInk.com.