• ORIS Press Matcher/Web from CGS Publishing Technologies is geared to drive office and medium production digital printers over an intranet or the Internet for consistent color across devices.
• GMC Software Technology released Portal Builder, a dedicated solution for building active microsites using a desktop design tool and "one-click" publishing.
• ES (enterprise solution) is a new product platform from Dalim Software, starting with Dialogue ES online proofing, that is Web based and uses a JDF interface.
• Aleyant Systems enhanced its Pressero Web-to-print solution with a utility to customize the design of customer stores and expanded the template creation capabilities of the eDocBuilder variable data application.
• Workflow based on the Enfocus Switch technology was demonstrated in the Crossroads booth, including Digital Media Partners' Flo Suite Web-to-print and database publishing system and Elipical's Claro Layout plug-in for Adobe InDesign for automated image correction/enhancement.
• SpotOn! Press previewed version 2.0 of it process control tool, which features new trending capabilities to track production metrics and support for TVI-based methods.
Setting Another Plate
Computer-to-plate solutions could be found around the show floor, but it was common for vendors to display just one machine from their existing product line.
Mitsubishi Imaging did introduce its six-up DPX 6 Eco polyester CTP platesetter, which features a patented processor that uses less chemistry, handles plate formats from 12x12˝ to 30.51x26.77˝ and has a compact footprint. Version 4.0 of its Smart Tools workflow adds ink remapping, imposition integrator and output device feedback.
Several announcements were made on the plate side:
• Presstek debuted the Aeon thermal plate for imaging in any 830nm platesetter. It is rated at 200,000 impressions unbaked with a resolution of 1-99 percent dots at 200 lpi.
•Xingraphics' Fit eco processless thermal (830nm) plate, which doesn't require a washout or gumming unit and isn't developed on-press, supports up to 50,000 impressions.
Related story: Wide Open to the Opportunities
- Agfa Graphics
- CGS Publishing Technologies
- DiMS! organizing print
- Eastman Kodak
- Enfocus Software
- Epson America
- FUJIFILM Graphic Systems Div.
- GMC Software Technology
- InfoPrint Solutions
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions
- MGI USA
- Océ North America, Production Printing Systems
- Presstek Inc.
- Ricoh Corp.
- Xerox Corp.
- XMPie, a Xerox Company