Epson Now Shipping its First UV Digital Label Press
CHICAGO — September 15, 2016 — Epson has announced it is now shipping the SurePress L-6034VW — Epson’s first single-pass industrial press, the first to use Epson’s PrecisionCore linehead technology, and the first to use Epson’s low migration LED UV curing ink. Leveraging these technologies, the L-6034VW delivers precise quality and high-speed printing ideal for short- to mid-run jobs across all industries, including health and beauty, nutraceuticals, and food and beverage, as well as standard consumer packaged goods.
"Epson is directly addressing industry concerns regarding UV digital label press print quality, which has historically looked too shiny with poor gradations," says Mike Pruitt, product manager, Epson America. "The SurePress L-6034 is a flexible, easy-to-use UV digital label press that produces high-quality, sellable labels, allowing prime label and packaging converters to fulfill demanding and varying portfolios, and uncover expanded business and revenue opportunities to increase their productivity and profitability."
Developed and manufactured by Epson, the new SurePress is designed for label converters investing in a digital label press for the first time or looking to expand production facilities with a reliable, easy-to-use press. The SurePress L-6034VW is a compact machine that produces high-quality, durable labels all day, every day with minimal downtime, and integrates all of the functions required for label production, including a Corona Treater, White ink, digital varnish, and an additional UV curing unit.
The Epson PrecisionCore linehead is the key component behind the high performance, high reliability, low maintenance, and low running costs of the SurePress L-6034VW, while the flexibility to print high-opacity UV White ink first or last significantly boosts image impact on clear and metallic substrates, and expands the variety of labels that can be produced.
More About the SurePress L-6034VW
This compact digital label press delivers Epson’s industry-leading precise quality with extraordinary reliability, flexibility and performance, providing pre- and post-press versatility to meet various label printing needs. Additional features include:
- PrecisionCore Linehead: Enables high-speed, single-pass printing to deliver industry-leading output quality and durability; digital monitoring system maintains high productivity using Nozzle State Analysis to manage dropped inkjet nozzles
- LED UV Curing Ink: Quick-drying UV ink boosts productivity and offers excellent weather, scratch, chemical, and water resistance; LED light source saves space and offers a lower energy use, enabling printing on heat-sensitive substrates
- Digital Varnish: Gloss or matte finish can be selected for the overall label, and appealing partial accents can be added using glossy or matte spot varnish
- Substrate Feed: Center drum system feeds the substrate with incredible precision to minimize color unevenness and reduce the heat expansion or shrinkage of the substrate, enabling various types of off-the-shelf standard flexographic substrates to be used
- White Ink: In White ink printing, SurfaceWhite Print and Reverse-White Print are available to extend the range of expression on clear and metalized films
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to the SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 49.2 feet per minute with vibrant color, smooth gradations and ultra-fine text, lines and images
- Reduced Environmental Impact: Enables much easier adjustments than analog printers, minimizing ink consumption and paper waste, as eliminating the need for printing plates
For additional SurePress L-6034VW product and purchase information, or to request a demo, visit www.epson.com/surepress.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 67,000 employees in 90 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts. Epson America, based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com.