Epson Unveils Next-Generation SureColor F-Series Dye-Sublimation Printers
LONG BEACH, Calif.—Aug. 12, 2015—As textile imaging continues the rapid transition from analog to digital, Epson America is bridging the gap further with the introduction of its next-generation SureColor F-Series dye-sublimation transfer printers. The 44" Epson SureColor F6200 and 64" Epson SureColor F7200 and F9200 leverage Epson UltraChrome DS ink with an all new high density Black ink to deliver improved ink efficiency and black density with better tonal transitions and grayscale for high-quality results in the roll-to-roll fabric production, customized promotional production, soft signage, and cut-and-sew sports apparel, fashion and home décor markets.
The flagship SureColor F9200 printer utilizes dual Epson PrecisionCore TFP printheads for high-speed, industrial-level roll-to-roll productivity with superior dot control and precise, repeatable performance. Each printer offers continuous productivity and less downtime with an integral and easily refillable, high-capacity bulk ink system and an improved post-platen heater for seamless media handling and faster drying times for continuous production.
“Since Epson launched its first true dye-sublimation printers in 2013, we have been diligently working to enhance the technology to meet the demands of industrial manufacturers,” said Tim Check, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “Now with the flagship SureColor F9200 providing double the speed and a high-capacity three liter per color ink supply system, users can print much more efficiently and with far fewer interruptions.”
Equipped with a highly accurate take up reel, the Epson SureColor F-Series allow for maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime. The printers also come with a Wasatch SoftRIP workflow that enables users to start printing sellable output immediately out of the box with specialty features for textile printing. A complete and proven dye-sublimation printer solution, the SureColor F-Series is compatible with Epson’s line of dye-sublimation transfer papers and designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome DS Ink to ensure optimized output quality at industrial-level production1.
More about the SureColor F-Series Printers
Engineered from the ground up, the Epson SureColor F-Series offers a range of productivity features, including:
- Epson PrecisionCore TFP Printhead: Offers high-performance and consistency, along with variable size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality and accuracy. The flagship SureColor F9200 incorporates dual PrecisionCore TFP printheads to deliver high-speed, roll-to-roll productivity with output speeds up to 1,044 sq. ft./hr.
- Epson UltraChrome DS Ink: Epson-exclusive UltraChrome DS ink with all-new high density Blackproduces an extreme color gamut with improved black density for rich blacks and better tonal transitions and gray scale; provides fast drying times and improved ink efficiency for a low total cost of ownership. The SureColor F-Series printers are designed to be used exclusively with Epson UltraChrome DS inks and not with any other brands of cartridges or inks.
- Continuous High-Speed Roll-to-Roll Productivity: Highly accurate take up reel and substrate system deliver winding accuracy within ±2.5mm on transfer paper rolls. The F9200 allows for maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime, plus an integral and easily refillable, high-capacity 3-liter bulk ink system and improved post-platen heater allow for seamless media handling and faster drying times.
Workflow: Wasatch SoftRIP enables users to print sellable output immediately out of the box with specialty features designed for textile printing.
- Epson DS Transfer Papers: Compatible with Epson’s dye-sublimation transfer papers, including the DS Transfer Production paper for high-volume customers (up to 575 feet per roll); DS Transfer Adhesive Textile for high-end cut-and-sew fabric and apparel production; and the DS Transfer Multipurpose for transfer applications with soft or rigid surfaces.
Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor F-Series will be available in September 2015 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The F-Series offers varying performance and feature sets to accommodate a range of dye-sublimation transfer printing needs:
The SureColor F-Series printers offer a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
(1) The printer is designed to use only EPSON inks and not other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using genuine EPSON inks is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges
(2) All print speeds are based upon print engine speeds only. Total throughput time depends on workflow configuration, paper type, RIP, file size, print resolution, ink coverage, networking, etc.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 70,000 employees in 94 companies around the world and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens. Epson America, based in Long Beach, California, is Epson’s regional headquarters for the United States, Canada and Latin America.