• The 3.4m-wide EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340i, a lower-cost, soft signage printer that delivers fully integrated, in-line sublimation without compromising engine speed or quality.
• Version 6 of EFI’s Enterprise Commercial, Midmarket Print, Publication, Quick Print, Packaging and Corrugated Packaging Productivity Suites.
• EFI MarketDirect, a cross-media customer engagement platform that enables printing companies to deliver comprehensive management on loyalty programs, offers, newsletters, surveys and other customer communication programs.
• Escada software, EFI’s recently acquired, corrugated process control product.
• EFI iQuote technology for enhanced estimating of versioned and variable data digital printing work.
• EFI Optitex 3D Design Illustrator, a plug-in tool for the fashion textile space that gives designers the freedom to validate and customize 3D garments in Adobe Illustrator.
In addition, EFI displayed a wide range of printers, including an EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340 soft-signage fabric printer, a VUTEk 3r roll-to-roll LED printer, an EFI VUTEk GS3250LX Pro hybrid LED printer and the new EFI Pro 24f dedicated flatbed LED printer.
Connect’s solutions center also featured a host of partner companies: 3M Commercial Solutions, Aberdeen Fabrics, Duplo, Enfocus, Esko, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Motioncutter, OneVision, Print ReLeaf, Progress Software, Ricoh Americas, Riso, SpencerMetrics, X-Rite Pantone, Xeikon, Xerox and Zünd.
Following his opening keynote, Gecht interviewed the CEOs from the first two worldwide installations of EFI’s Nozomi C1800 single-pass LED inkjet corrugated board printing press, which debuted at drupa 2016 as the first model in what will become a technology platform. They included Eric Bacourt, CEO of Xátiva, Spain-based Hinojosa Packaging Solutions; and Malcolm McGowan, founder and CEO of Dublin, Ireland-based McGowans Print.
While Hinojosa is largely using its Nozomi for high-quality digital corrugated packaging production, McGowans is outputting both short-run corrugated packaging and graphics display work.
“EFI’s single-pass corrugated board technology ... gives our customers a distinct competitive edge with reduced waste, just-in-time supply chain efficiency and greater opportunities to grow sales with multi-SKU marketing,” said Bacourt.