FREMONT, CA—March 26, 2014—EFI, a world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, has announced the lineup for its 2014 World of Fiery free, educational webinar series.
Beginning in April and continuing throughout the year, these educational sessions contain valuable information for color professionals and for owners and managers of print businesses and in-plant/CRD operations. The series addresses topics related to color management, variable data printing, print job preparation and digital printing workflow, providing actionable tips for improving productivity, quality and profitability; reducing costs; and gaining new business.
The webinars are the latest in a series of Fiery educational opportunities from EFI that emphasize the best strategies to make business communications more profitable, relevant and engaging by providing detailed information in four topic areas: Color Management, Variable Data Printing, Print Job Preparation, and Print Job Management and Automation.
EFI customer Derek Brooks, general manager for Cumming, GA-based Brandywine Printing, participated in a World of Fiery session in late 2013. “We all think we're doing things the correct way,” Brooks said when describing the benefits of the webinar, “but sometimes a different perspective pays dividends.”
Another World of Fiery participant, Daren Stone, director of training for business advisory firm RelationshipLink, stated, “After attending the webinar, I could see there is so much more I could do to increase the quality of print files and increase sales.”
John Henze, vice president, Fiery marketing, EFI, commented “With this 2014 World of Fiery webinar series, we are expanding the range of education we offer to address important topics that will improve overall knowledge and effectiveness when it comes to preparing and producing printed products. Not only will our experts share innovative ways to improve work processes, they will also demonstrate how EFI Fiery products’ unique capabilities drive business growth and profitability.”
Scheduled sessions include:
- April 2—Three Key Steps to Get the Right Color the First Try. Learn what factors are important in color management and how to optimize settings and calibration to obtain the best and most predictable color output.
- April 16—The ABCs of Producing the Best Match for Spot Colors. Understand the challenges of spot-color matching and how users can create the best match possible.
- April 30—Best Practices for Matching Industry Color Standards. Understand the importance of color standards, specifications and methods, with detailed instructions on matching printers to an industry reference or a customer press profile.
Variable Data Printing (VDP)
- June 4—The Business of VDP: How to Get Started and Grow Profits. Learn how various technologies increase audience engagement and reach beyond the printed page.
- June 16—Ten Ways that Fiery Tools Make VDP Easy. Discover how a Fiery digital front end reduces the stress of VDP job production, from the simplest projects to the most complex.
Print Job Preparation
- September 11—Foolproof Preparation of a Digital Print Job. Identify five frequent design challenges for document preparation in common job types such as business cards, booklets, catalogs and more.
- September 25—Take Document Layout to the Next Level. Learn to troubleshoot content issues, correct and edit jobs without going back to the designer, apply imposition and set up automation for future like jobs.
Print Job Management and Automation
- October 22—Automating Job Submission: Five Ways to Increase Your Efficiency. Uncover the power of automating tasks with Fiery Hot Folder, Virtual Printers, presets and more.
- November 12—Tips and Tricks for Fiery Command WorkStation. Get the most out of Command WorkStation, saving time, increasing automation and producing better color output.
“We are sure this outstanding educational series will spark new ideas for Fiery users,” Henze stated. “This year’s seminars reflect EFI’s commitment to making users’ print operations as efficient, productive and profitable as possible.”
EFI is a worldwide provider of products, technology and services leading the transformation of analog to digital imaging. Based in Silicon Valley, CA, with offices around the globe, the company's powerful integrated product portfolio includes digital front-end servers; superwide, wide-format, label and ceramic inkjet presses and inks; production workflow, Web-to-print, and business automation software; and office, enterprise and mobile cloud solutions. These products allow users to produce, communicate and share information in an easy and effective way, and enable businesses to increase their profits, productivity, and efficiency.