Dscoop9: Break the Mold Education Sessions to Address Challenges of HP Users
CHICAGO—January 16, 2014—Dscoop (Digital Solutions Cooperative) is offering HP graphic arts users the opportunity to learn new approaches, tools and resources for growing and differentiating their business at the 2014 Dscoop annual conference.
Taking place March 6-8 in Orlando, FL, the Dscoop9 conference, “Break the Mold,” features nearly 100 education sessions that cover the most pressing business challenges taking place in the digital print industry.
In the true essence of the Break the Mold theme, Dscoop9 will be different from previous years:
- Interactive sessions, not just presentations, that facilitate conversations and idea-sharing
- Enhanced educational topics focused on the most pressing business challenges we heard directly from members in the Global Listening Initiative
- A variety of new session formats such as round table discussions, workshops, live panels, and not just information overload
- Dedicated time on the schedule of events for meaningful formal and informal networking activities
- Information at your fingertips with the new Dscoop9 mobile app
- A rare opportunity to hear from HP’s Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager of HP Indigo Division, in a unique closing session
Attendees can expect interactive, engaging sessions on topics such as:
- Automation and Lean Manufacturing Applied in the Digital Environment
- Bridging the Gap: Sales and Marketing
- Building a Revenue Culture
- Data and Publishing. Two Worlds Collide and Create a Unique Opportunity for New Higher Value, Higher Profit Applications
- Focus on Software Technology Series: Web2Print
- How Does Your Financial Performance Measure Up?
- HR Nightmares, Anyone? Does Being an Employer Keep You Up at Night?
- Improving Profitability Roundtable
- Inkjet and EP: Living in Perfect Harmony
- Look into the Cloud
- Productivity and Utilization Metrics
- ROI is Your Tool to Show the Value You Offer—But it is More Than Telling the Response Rate!
- Taking Full Advantage of B2 Format
Sessions are open to all Dscoop members, and attendees can participate in one track or mix and match sessions based on needs or interests. For a detailed description of each session, visit www.dscoop9.org.
To complement the three days of conference education and networking, Dscoop University will makes its debut at Dscoop9, offering eight Dscoop University courses on Thursday, March 6 from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
These courses are interactive, small group, three-hour workshops that focus on a specific topic and will allow Dscoop members to roll up their sleeves.
Dscoop University Course topics at Dscoop9 include:
- Finding and Retaining the Right Sales People
- Position Your Company for Success
- Cash is King—Effectively Managing Your Cash Flow and Working Capital
Sales and Marketing
- How to Stop Buyers Choosing on Price
- Talk the Talk—Holding Meaningful Conversations with Marketers
- Maximizing Production & Reducing Costs by Eliminating Wastes
- Understanding Your Real Costs
Dscoop members must pre-register for Dscoop University courses at Dscoop9 and seating is limited.
Dscoop University will also be hosting demos of the online learning platform, which will house educational content and registration for upcoming education events.
Over its nine-year history, the Dscoop annual conference has grown steadily in attendance, as well as Partner participation. The 2013 event in Nashville, TN. attracted more than 2,000 print professionals and 95 Partners that provide complementary products and services to graphic arts businesses. Dscoop will maintain this momentum at its 2014 event with a strong program lineup of speakers who will help businesses “break the mold.”
Registration is open. Learn more at www.dscoop9.org.
Mike Fogarty, Dscoop global executive director, commented on the Dscoop9 conference: "Dscoop is about bringing together an elite group of HP graphic arts users each year to share best practices and learn about the latest developments in the industry. This year we really focused on what our members said were their biggest challenges through the Global Listening Initiative. We have worked closely with industry partners and consultants to deliver answers and next steps, not just presentations. Attendees will engage in a dynamic education environment that will position all areas of their business for success."
John Tenwinkel, Dscoop University director, also added: "We’re really excited to debut this new member benefit in conjunction with the Dscoop9 conference. These deep-dive courses will allow attendees to key in on specific learning objectives and ensure they return back to their facilities with practical takeaway tools and concepts they can put into practice and share with colleagues."
About Dscoop9 Conference: Break the Mold
Dscoop9, Break the Mold, is the premier event for HP Graphics Arts users. Break the Mold showcases the latest digital technologies, unveils new products in the Solutions Showcase and provides up-to-date advances in the industry over the course of three days of education and networking.
Founded in 2005, the Digital Solutions Cooperative (Dscoop) offers business owners educational, networking and business development opportunities and tools for themselves and their employees. Dscoop is open to professional graphic arts companies operating HP Indigo presses; HP Scitex presses; HP Latex 800 and 3000 series presses; and HP InkJet Web presses. In the true sense of a cooperative, Dscoop also supports members, partners, and industry influencers in efforts to educate print generators on the value of digital printing as an integral component of cross-media campaigns.