Dscoop Announces New Board Members for 2010
CHICAGO—Nov. 2, 2009—Dscoop (Digital Solutions Cooperative) announced the addition of two new members to its board of directors. Newly elected members, whose two-year terms began Nov. 1, 2009, are:
• Boris Bel, HP, Boston, MA.
• Rod Key, R and R Images, Phoenix, AZ.
“We are both pleased and very fortunate to have Boris and Rod join our team,” said Christopher Petro, 2009 Dscoop chairman of the board. “Boris provides invaluable support from HP and Rod has already been an active leader of Dscoop as an advisory board member in 2009 and the head of the marketing committee.”
In addition to the two new board members, Dscoop has also named an individual to the advisory board position:
• Yogev Barak, HP, Rehovot, Israel
“Dscoop plays a prominent role in the digital print arena and continues to provide an arena for progressive-minded digital print service providers and their vendor partners to collaborate,” said Francis McMahon, Dscoop board member and director of marketing, HP U.S. Graphic Arts. “Boris, Rod and Yogev will continue the momentum that has made Dscoop one of the best forums ever to capture business success.”
Board members Susan Moore and David Smith were both re-elected for another two-year term. Continuing Dscoop board members are:
• Christopher Petro, GlobalSoft Digital Solutions, Mahwah, NJ.
• Larry Vaughn, Ideal Printers, Houston, TX.
• Craig Curran, General Manager Strategic Initiatives, Nosco, Waukegan, IL.
• Francis McMahon, HP, Boise, ID.
• Susan Moore, Digital Printing & Imaging Inc., Kennesaw, GA.
• Mark Sarpa, President, Progressive Solutions, Santa Clara, CA.
• David Smith, Williams Visual Solutions, Chattanooga, TN.
About the Incoming Board Members
Boris Bel is the director of HP Americas Graphics Solutions Services, part of the HP Technology Services Organization. He has more than 20 years of experience in the graphic arts industry, most of it with Indigo and HP, where he has held a variety of management roles in services. Bel holds an engineering degree from Moscow University of Printing Arts, Russia.