Domtar Launches 'Paper Because' Campaign to Promote Use of Paper
Domtar's "Paper Because" campaign will demonstrate that paper is sustainable, personal and purposeful:
• It's easier to learn on paper, because reading on paper is up to 30 percent faster than reading online.
• Nearly 60 percent of senior executives prefer print versus online information.
• Three out of four people have made a purchase as a result of direct mail.
• Paper is one of the most recycled products on the planet; more than 63 percent of the paper that's used gets recycled.
• Domtar collaborates with the Rainforest Alliance and other environmental organizations to encourage environmentally sound, sustainable forestry practices, high levels of recycling and the use of renewable energy at its manufacturing facilities.
"Domtar has been at the forefront of the responsible use of paper because the future of our business is linked to a healthy environment and the availability of both virgin and recycled fiber," said Mr. Williams. "We're not just a paper company. We're a sustainable paper company."
For more information, please visit www.paperbecause.com.
Domtar Corp. (NYSE/TSX:UFS) is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity, and is also a manufacturer of papergrade, fluff and specialty pulp. The Company designs, manufactures, markets and distributes a wide range of business, commercial printing and publishing as well as converting and specialty papers including recognized brands such as Cougar, Lynx Opaque Ultra, Husky Opaque Offset, First Choice and Domtar EarthChoice Office Paper, part of a family of environmentally and socially responsible papers. Domtar owns and operates Domtar Distribution Group, an extensive network of strategically located paper distribution facilities. The Company employs over 9,000 people. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
Source: Company press release.