Direct Marketing Takeaways from the InterACT! Conference
- Sandy Carter of IBM.
- Vivian Rosenthal of GoldRun.
- Rod Brooks of Stop Hunger Now.
These luminaries are among the thought leaders who are on the cutting edge of direct marketing strategy. They know how to innovate and integrate, and they will all be speaking during the InterACT!, a Virtual Conference & Expo, which will take place online from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST on Aug. 23, 2011. Free registration entitles attendees to learn about the interaction between different marketing channels by exploring best practices, trends and case studies that play to each channel’s strength as part of integrated campaigns in order to drive more revenue.
Carter, Rosenthal and Brooks are among 20 presenters who will speak about the most up-to-date direct marketing practices out there, while other presenters will be helping marketers put the concepts into practice—immediately. Take the 45-minute workshop happening at 1:30 p.m. “Hands-on Workshop—Create Your Own QR Code, pURL, App, Short Code.” Attendees will literally take away skills learned, building each of the items in the title themselves during the workshop.
Drawing on her experience as vice president of social business evangelism and sales at IBM Corp. and with a new book coming out in September on the subject, Carter will help marketers create a "Social Business A.G.E.N.D.A." One of the takeaways she’ll leave attendees with is this lesson:
- A culture eats strategy for lunch—create a digital council.
- Gain a “trust plan” and a “friend plan”—they are "Social Business" musts.
- Exceptional experiences engage everyone—hire a community manager.
- Network processes. "Business processes are the soul of your company. To change, you must embed social into that soul.”
- Design for reputation and risk management. “Create your ‘Brand Army;’ hire a reputation manager.”
- Analytics is the new black.
In a case-study presentation, delegates will learn how Carnival Cruise Lines retains customers with “social media efforts, actionable search behavioral insight and innovative email lifecycle programs.”