Digital Install--After the Sale
Don't Be Afraid to Ask
Now, this seems like a pretty simple solution, but you would be surprised how many times I have met with companies whose decision-makers did not want to seem foolish or who are not up on the latest and greatest technology.
The first step is to succumb to the understanding that you can't know everything about everything. What you can do is surround yourself with intelligent individuals, who are very capable of getting the information you need, and ask questions.
Your best bet is to align your company with an integrator and supplier who will guide you into the future, not sell you down an expensive dead-end road. This is definitely easier said than done, because all too many suppliers and integrators are looking at you through a 30-, 60- or 90-day window. Make smart connections!
Ten On-demand Tricks to
Generate On-demand Profits
1) Eschew commodity pricing—digital color printing does not replace offset. They are complementary.
2) Think beyond short runs— develop programmatic solutions for vertical industry markets or individual customers.
3) Make a commitment to develop marketing skills within your organization.
4) Learn to use variable data color printing in your own marketing communications—walk the walk before you talk the talk!
5) Create marketing and sales synergy between digital color printing and everything else your organization offers it customers—sell total capability.
6) Never assume that prospects and customer "get it." Truth is, they probably don't.
7) Develop the skill sets to support both Macintosh- and Windows-based customers. Don't be a platform bigot!
8) Study and integrate the lessons of one-to-one marketing into your own business—know who your best customers are.
9) Educate your market about unique solutions provided by digital color printing. Show them how to integrate this technology into their communications strategy.
10) Build into your business the ability to accept files digitally—expand your market beyond a 10-mile radius!