How to Handle 'Call Me After the Holidays' - Short Attention Span Sales Tip
Very soon, as the end of the year approaches, you will hear prospects tell you to, “Call me after the holidays.” Here’s how to handle it...
- First, make one more attempt to overcome the objection and not allow it. Say something like, “can I convince you to see me now? Here’s the thing, as things are quiet towards the end of the year, this is a perfect time to meet with a new vendor, someone who is going to challenge the status quo and come at you with some new ideas.” If that doesn’t work...
- Make an appointment to make an appointment
- Say something like, “The first business day of 2018 is Tuesday, January 2. How about if I give you that day to get your feet under you and I call you the following morning?” The client will likely agree. Then...
- Continue, “I will call you at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 3. How’s that?” At this point, the customer that you worked so hard to get on the phone will do anything to get you off the phone and will likely agree.
- Next, send out either an email or a quick handwritten note that reads, “I look forward to speaking with you at 9 o’clock on the morning of January 3. Enjoy your holidays!”
- Then, the week between Christmas and New Year’s, send out another note with similar wording. You are confirming the appointment that the customer has long forgotten about.
Getting a customer on the phone is so difficult and it’s almost heartbreaking to miss out on the opportunity because you know it can be difficult to repeat. So, if you can’t get someone to commit to a face-to-face, using these steps will at least increase your chances of getting them back on the phone.
What’s YOUR sales challenge?
- No prospecting process, don’t know whom to call on or what to say? Solution: Take the Sales Challenge!
- Do you know what you should be doing but not doing enough of it? Solution: The 90 Day Sales Blitz
- Not calling on the right kinds of companies? Solution: The Lead-Gen/Vertical Market Research Program
- I have no idea! Can we talk? Absolutely: meetme.so/billfarquharson
- Other questions? Bill Farquharson: (781) 934-7036 or email@example.com
Bill Farquharson is a respected industry expert and highly sought after speaker known for his energetic and entertaining presentations. Bill engages his audiences with wit and wisdom earned as a 40-year print sales veteran while teaching new ideas for solving classic sales challenges. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 934-7036. Bill’s two books, The 25 Best Print Sales Tips Ever and Who’s Making Money at Digital/Inkjet Printing…and How? as well as information on his new subscription-based website, The Sales Vault, are available at salesvault.pro.