BMI Announces Session Lineup for Book Manufacturing Mastered Conference
The Book Manufacturers’ Institute (BMI) has announced the full speaker lineup for Book Manufacturing Mastered. The conference, scheduled for February 10–11, 2020 in New York City, has been designed for production professionals at book publishers who will sharpen their skills and learn about the latest technologies and practices for efficient print book manufacturing.
To kick things off on Monday, Feb. 10, the Book Industry Study Group (BISG) will host a two-hour co-located program in which David Hetherington of knk Software will moderate a discussion with supply chain experts that explores "Innovations in Print-on-Demand Technology."
It will be followed by a BMI session in which publishers will gain useful insights on how to select the right partners for their printing and binding needs, and an opening reception will enable program attendees to meet various service providers and industry partners.
Programming on Tuesday, Feb. 11, includes a session on planning, with a focus on cost estimating and budgeting for the lifecycle of the book. This panel will feature Brad Sharp of Bookmasters, Mike Collinge of Marquis Book Printing, and Kathleen Lewis of Publishers’ Graphics.
Other sessions include:
- “Pre-press Success,” a talk delivered by Dirk Hiler of LSC Communications
- “Standardizing to Streamline Book Production,” which will be moderated by BISG executive director, Brian O’Leary
- A discussion on innovations in paper and understanding the paper market with Bill Rojack of Midland Paper, Jeff Hansen of Horizon Paper, and David Elovich of Rolland
- A panel on finishing and cover options with Joe Dunham of LBS, Irene Richard of Neenah Paper Inc., Andy Fetherman of Muller Martini Corp., and Kent Larson of Bridgeport National Bindery
- A dialogue regarding warehousing, fulfillment, and distribution featuring Mike Seagram of Publishers Storage and Shipping and Carrick Wilkie of Publiship Logistics
Matt Baehr, executive director of BMI, said, “The sessions and speakers we have lined up for our inaugural event are amazing. This is a group who is passionate and knowledgeable, which is what you want in a conference. Attendees are going to walk away with an incredible amount of practical information that they can use right away to improve the way they approach all stages of book manufacturing, from estimating to finishing.”
BMI is also announcing two Association Partners for Book Manufacturing Mastered: Bookbuilders of Boston and the Book Industry Guild of New York will be supporting the 2020 event at the Marriott East Side in Manhattan. The full agenda as well as registration information can be found at www.bookmanufacturingmastered.com.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.