Beyer Graphics of New York, Invests $8.4M in Two KBA Rapida 106 UV Presses
DALLAS—September 2, 2015—Recognizing the need to increase its capacity and maintain its high quality production, Beyer Graphics, a leading New York pharmaceutical, cosmetic and over-the-counter packaging supplier, placed an order for two new 41˝ KBA Rapida 106 UV presses—an eight-color plus coater and a specially-configured nine-color press that is one of only a few in the United States. This large US$8.4 million capital investment is the firm’s first partnership with KBA.
“The investment in these two new high-performance presses will drive our business even further and enhance our capabilities,” said Dan Beyer, president of Beyer Graphics. “We’ll be able to provide our customers with faster, more efficient, one-pass, higher quality work due to the fast press speeds and unique automation found on the presses. With this purchase, we are certainly differentiating ourselves from our competitors, attesting to our strength and commitment to our customers.”
The first press being delivered to Beyer in November 2015 is an eight-color KBA Rapida 106 press with coater. After removal of the two current presses from another press manufacturer, Beyer will take delivery in February 2016 of a specially-designed nine-color Rapida 106 press. The latter has a unique configuration of eight printing units plus a coater and two drying units plus another printing unit followed by a coater and a 12-foot extended delivery.
"We chose KBA because of its leadership experience and reputation in the packaging field and the ability to provide this custom-made nine-color press," noted Beyer. “Plus, we felt KBA had superior technology and its upfront service and support have been very valuable to us.”
About Beyer Graphics
Since 1982, clients have counted on Beyer Graphics for creative packaging solutions. Founded in West Babylon, New York, by William Beyer Sr. as a provider of apparel packaging solutions, Beyer Graphics has grown and evolved into a printing and packaging design company specializing in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and apparel industries. Beyer Graphics produces approximately 20,000,000 structural, custom and folding boxes and cartons monthly for over-the-counter pharmaceutical, vitamin, supplement and cosmetics clients from 71,000-square-foot facilities in Commack, New York. These facilities also provide electronic prepress services for apparel packaging solutions manufactured overseas via Beyer Graphics Far East, a Hong Kong subsidiary, and a partnership in Honduras, producing approximately seven million packages monthly. Today, pharmaceutical and cosmetics packaging comprise about 80 percent of the company’s operation and apparel packaging the remaining 20 percent.
About KBA North America
KBA North America is located in Dallas, and is a member of the KBA Group. Established almost 200 years ago in Wuerzburg, Germany, Koenig & Bauer AG (KBA) is the oldest and second largest press manufacturer worldwide. KBA's banner, "People & Print," reflects its dual focus as a leading innovator for print entrepreneurs. The group's product range is the broadest in the industry; its portfolio includes sheetfed offset presses in all format classes, commercial and newspaper web presses, inkjet systems and presses, flexographic presses, special presses for banknotes, securities, metal-decorating, smart cards, glass and plastic decorating.
Source: KBA North America.