Avanti Unveils Latest Features for Avanti Slingshot Print MIS Solution at Graph Expo
ORLANDO, Fla. — September 27, 2016 — “Better, faster or cheaper; choose two.” Almost since Gutenberg, printers and their customers knew that old saw was true. If you want it right away, you may need to compromise a bit on quality or on job specifications; or you can have great quality but pay a hefty premium for the printer’s staff to work overtime; or you can just accept the normal turnaround time.
Challenging that conventional wisdom, Avanti Computer Systems, a leading provider of Print MIS solutions, has unveiled the latest new features for Avanti Slingshot, the company’s flagship offering. The new capabilities are designed to help printers work more efficiently, control their costs and move jobs through the shop without delays.
“Anytime job information can be passed seamlessly and automatically between departments, equipment and applications, you reduce turnaround time and the chance for errors,” shares Patrick Bolan, president and CEO, Avanti Systems. “That’s the key to profitability.”
Avanti will demonstrate these new features at Graph Expo booth #1879:
- Avanti Slingshot creates a Touchless Workflow, integrating with production systems including the leading Web-to-print solutions and enabling customers to place orders at their convenience, even while the shop is closed. Print providers can take on more jobs, with fewer resources, for improved profitability through end-to-end automation.
- Document Management equips Avanti Slingshot users with a repository for all documents that affect the production process. The documents (e.g., contracts, SLAs, soft proofs, distribution lists) are stored centrally and can be catalogued, searched and accessed by any authorized user of the system.
- The Point-of-Sale feature quickly manages “over-the-counter” jobs for retail services, walk-ups, and telephone orders with speed and efficiency, including an end-of-day balancing reconciliation process to ensure that your funds match up with your daily transactions.
- Avanti Slingshot’s Triggers and Alerts capability eliminates the need for manual emails. The real-time information will allow you to increase the speed and accuracy of your business processes while also ensuring everyone is kept informed and ready to react from anywhere, at any time, on any device with this automated email notification system.
- Avanti Slingshot is the first Print MIS to be integrated with the HP PrintOS platform, creating a direct link between the business and production environments. This allows print providers to integrate data from the entire shop.
“With Avanti Slingshot, customers can have ‘better, faster and cheaper’ all at the same time,” says Bolan, “and print providers can have a much better bottom line.”
Avanti will present live theater demonstrations of Avanti Slingshot from booth 1879 at Graph Expo, currently taking place through Sept. 28, 2016, at the Orange County Convention Center North, Orlando. To book a personal demonstration of Avanti Slingshot, contact Joanne Gore.
At Avanti, our goal is to help you deliver more jobs, in less time, with the confidence in knowing that every aspect of your shop is integrated into one powerful platform. Since 1984, Avanti has provided innovative, award-winning Print MIS solutions that help print shops and marketing communication organizations automate all facets of their business and cultivate a more meaningful customer relationship. Avanti’s solutions are the most open in the industry; are JDF-certified, fully integrated, and extend from order entry through to production and billing.