Agfa Goes 'Extremely Vivid' with Inkjet Devices, Software, Applications at SGIA Expo
ELMWOOD PARK, N.J.—November 4, 2015—Agfa Graphics' booth (#3127) at SGIA 2015 showcasing Extremely Vivid Printing features new inkjet devices, advanced workflow software and unique applications to help stimulate business. SGIA Expo is being held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta from Nov. 4-6.
There are several Agfa Graphics engines of all speeds and sizes, some making their first SGIA appearance. They include:
- Anapurna M2540i FB—making its U.S. debut, the Anapurna M2540i FB is a six-color plus white, 100-inch, true high speed flatbed UV-inkjet printer that prints at speeds up to 1,000 square feet/hr. Featuring a moving gantry and three-layer printing in a single pass, the Anapurna M2540i has accurate double-sided printing via pin registration on an eight-vacuum zone table.
- Anapurna M2500i—this six-color plus white, 2.5m (98-inch) wide hybrid, UV-inkjet printer features multi-layer printing in one pass with speeds up to 1,235 square feet/hr. An optional automatic board feeder increases productivity.
- Jeti Mira—making its SGIA debut, the true flatbed 2.6m (105-inch) wide Jeti Mira UV inkjet printer offers impressive print quality and productivity with printing speeds up to 2440 square feet/hr. Featuring a moving gantry for printing on x- and y-axes with pinpoint precision, the Jeti Mira produces high quality in six colors plus white with optional primer or varnish. The "print and prepare" technology allows media loading on the front while the back is printing for non-stop productivity. The dockable roll-to-roll option enables printing on a wide variety of flexible media.
- Jeti Tauro H2500—also making its SGIA debut, the six-color, 2.5m (98-inch) wide high-end hybrid UV inkjet printer has a gloss printing mode and optional white and/or primer. With printing speeds up to 2960 square feet/hr., the Jeti Tauro sets a new standard in print quality and is designed for extreme workloads. It accommodates both rigid and flexible substrates. The Jeti Tauro comes standard with manual media loading tables which are perfect for smaller runs. An optional semi-automated board feeder and stacker increases production efficiency.
- Anapurna M3200i RTR—one of the most successful models in Agfa Graphics' enhanced Anapurna i-series, the 3.2m (126-inch) wide roll-to-roll UV inkjet printer offers high productivity with speeds up to 1300 square feet/hr. The Anapurna M3200i RTR comes in a six-color, four-color, or four-color plus white configuration. Optional dual roll printing means double productivity. The mesh option allows printing on mesh without a liner saving time and money. A specially-designed trolley handles heavy rolls and alleviates hassles.
- MGI JETvarnish 3D and iFOIL—providing 3D or traditional flat spot UV coating on runs from one to thousands, the JETvarnish 3D brings value-added services to offset commercial printers, digital printers, finishing houses, silk screen printers, specialty photo printers and book publishers. Popular applications for the JETvarnish 3D include book covers, brochures, business and invitation cards and packaging. The iFOIL digital embossing and hot foil stamping solution eliminates the need for films, dies and makeready, allowing for highly profitable hot foil stamping and embossing work.
- Epson SureColor S70675—As part of the new Epson SureColor S-Series line of 64-inch solvent ink jet printers, the SureColor S70675 printer provides outstanding levels of reliability, durability and image quality. The SureColor S70675 uses the Epson UltraChrome GSX ink set with newly-formulated Cyan and Light Cyan, plus an all-new Orange Plus ink to produce vivid output with an expansive color gamut.
- HP Latex 360—with production speeds ideal for handling urgent jobs, the HP Latex 360 printer produces indoor and outdoor prints on a variety of traditional signage substrates including textiles. High-quality, durable prints provide scratch resistance comparable to hard-solvent inks.
Attendees can also learn about Asanti from Agfa Graphics, the wide-format workflow solution that streamlines production processes and maintains consistency while integrating all pre-press elements. Agfa Graphics' Asanti powers all of Agfa Graphics' Anapurna and Jeti engines.
Asanti 2.0 features hands-free layout automation through layout templates and hot tickets, enhanced operator GUI for nesting and repeats, new color tools for custom spot libraries, spectral color readings, transparent media and optical brightening agents and faster rendering performance, new preflight and correction capabilities, and the latest Adobe PDF Print Engine.
Additionally, Asanti StoreFront, a cloud-based Web-to-print system, is being demonstrated. Asanti StoreFront allows PSPs to set up e-stores and extend their services to existing customers while expanding into new markets.
The latest release of StoreFront, v3.0.6, features new design options for increased customer engagement (subcategories, custom footers, interactive HTML5 carousel banners, enhanced product search and suggestions), new production enhancements for easier administration (more flexible administrator and operator roles, support for Adobe CC 2015) and new business logic updates (new payment methods, pricing and tax options) for optimal cost coverage and profitability.
The booth also features Agfa Graphics' "Application Zones," multiple areas showcasing real-life inkjet applications. A 10-foot high Extremely Vivid Printing graphic output on Duratex Polyfab fabric showcases the benefits of textile printing. Media options for retail window displays provide ideas using Duratex window substrates. The Application Academy is a large wall of unique and attractive output designed to inspire new business opportunities. Attendees can also experience real-life wide format applications in the two walk-in interactive cubes outfitted with various Duratex and other popular brands of media.
"We like to bring the excitement of print to our customers in unique and creative ways. When printers see what they can accomplish with inkjet technology, they get inspired," explained Deborah Hutcheson, director of marketing, Agfa Graphics, North America.
These and other wide-format printing solutions from Agfa Graphics are in booth #3127 at the 2015 SGIA Expo, which is being held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta from Nov. 4-6.
The Agfa-Gevaert Group is one of the world's leading companies in imaging and information technology. Agfa develops, manufactures and markets analog and digital systems for the printing industry (Agfa Graphics), for the healthcare sector (Agfa Healthcare), and for specific industrial applications (Agfa Materials). Agfa is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium. The company is present in 40 countries and has agents in another 100 countries around the globe. The Agfa-Gevaert Group achieved a turnover of 2,620 million euros in 2014.
About Agfa Graphics
Agfa Graphics offers integrated prepress solutions to the printing industry. These solutions comprise consumables, hardware, software and services for production workflow, project and color management. Agfa Graphics is a worldwide leader with its computer-to-plate and digital proofing systems for commercial and packaging printing and the newspaper publishing markets. Agfa Graphics is rapidly developing its position in the new segments of industrial inkjet with comprehensive solutions for various applications such as documents, posters, banners, signage, displays, labels and packaging materials. Its experience in both imaging and emulsion technology has provided the expertise required for developing a complete assortment of high-quality inks.
About Pitman, an Agfa Company
Pitman, an Agfa Graphics company, collaborates with world class manufacturers to provide a diverse offering of the most advanced solutions for the prepress, pressroom, wide-format, newspaper, packaging and commercial printing industries. Pitman reinforces its customer-focused approach by providing the market with an unmatched distribution network, expert specialists, and unparalleled service excellence. Together, Agfa Graphics and Pitman deliver integrated and complete solutions tailored to the ever-changing needs of the graphic communications industry, enabling businesses to produce powerful messages and be more profitable.
Source: Agfa Graphics.