Advance Details of the Toyo Ink Exhibit
Ink business strategy in Europe
Having continued to push full steam ahead with the development of our offset ink business in Europe since last year’s IPEX2006 exhibition (Birmingham, UK), the Toyo Ink Group has built up a network of distributors that currently spans a total of 16 countries*. We are satisfied that we have more or less achieved the target levels set out under our plans over the course of the last two years.
* Distributor network as of April 2008 (in alphabetical order, including trial ventures)
Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Rumania, Russia, Slovakia, Turkey, UK
From drupa2008 onwards we will be entering the second stage of our plans, as part of which we have set out the following targets.
1. We are aiming to increase our number of distributors even further and establish a sales network with full coverage throughout Europe.
2. We intend to establish numerous direct sales bases and establish a framework capable of pinpointing end users’ needs.
3. Our main target market is specialty and niche products. Essentially, we are aiming to harness our strengths in terms of technology, including waterless inks, waterless UV curable inks, LED-UV curable inks and wide-color-gamut inks (Kaleido inks), and value in order to offer a range of products that will guarantee customer satisfaction.
4. Moving away from our existing business model based solely on import sales, since April this year we have been establishing bulk-import small-lot production facilities in Europe in an effort to develop a precise follow up system covering ink cartridges as well as ink quality. Having put this system into effect, we are currently working on techniques to adjust ink colors and produce customized inks.
Although it is not one of our top strategic priorities, we nonetheless intend to look into the provision of mass volume or commodity inks. Bearing mind future environmental issues and manufacturing costs, we are continuing to work on the development of mechanisms capable of supplying universally high quality commodity inks on a global basis.