A World of Impossibilities --DeWese
All you have to say is, "Mañana, send me the survey results. I want to learn from your posse. The lyric is "whatever you think it is." And, maybe you'll say, "Here's my check for Joan's Scholarship Fund."
Kathy Bitoni at the Printing Industries of Michigan reports that your overwhelming orders for their survey report, titled "What Print Buyers Buy…And How The Buy It," have made it a best seller. The report was done at the request of Ford Motor Co.'s Global Service Purchasing Department. If you don't have yours, call her at (248) 354-9200 or e-mail your request to Kathy@print.org.
All right, it's high time you got out there and sold something! I've got to prepare for the nasty reaction to my ill-advised reference to "broads."
About the Author
Harris DeWese is the author of Now Get Out There and Sell Something, available through NAPL or PIA. He is chairman and CEO at Compass Capital Partners and is an author of the annual "Compass Report," the definitive source of information regarding printing industry M&A activity. DeWese has completed more than 100 printing company transactions and is viewed as the preeminent deal maker in the printing industry. He specializes in investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales, marketing, planning and management services to printing companies. He can be reached via e-mail at DeWeseH@ComCapLtd.com.
The Official Mañana Man Guest Survey Questions
1. The three most important managerial characteristics of a good printing (or industry supplier) company manager/owner are:
2. The three most important human characteristics of a good printing (or industry supplier) company manager/owner are:
3. My companion/spouse/significant other at this conference would benefit greatly by more training in the areas of (use back if more space is required):
4. The printing industry would benefit greatly if:
5. There are too few women in senior management/ownership positions in the printing industry because: