Binding and Finishing: Shifting Gears
• The MV-09 Outsert System was promoted at the Vijuk Equipment booth. The double knife-folder system with integrated pressing rollers and water scoring, folds sheet sizes up to 203⁄4x40˝ into compact, evenly sealed outserts with up to 170 panels.
• Bobst Group featured the Expertcut 106 LER and Commercial 106 Autoplaten diecutters. Also shown was the Expertfold 110 A-2 folder-gluer equipped with a Handyfeeder, which maintains consistent feed height for repeatable, accurate blank introduction. Handyfeeder installs rapidly, and can be easily moved from one Bobst folder-gluer to another.
• On display at the MBO booth was the Combi folding machine K 765 Efficiency Automatic (30x47˝). It combines motorized settings for buckle plates and rollers.
• The DS-1200 production folding/inserting system was introduced by Neopost. The DS-1200 can run up to 12,000 envelopes/hr., streamlining the entire mailing process from input to throughput to output.
• Kirk-Rudy showcased the new KR535HK tabber. It can apply tabs up to 2˝ in diameter on the lead, trail and side edges of booklets and self-mailers in a single pass. It handles 16˝ diameter rolls and runs all major types of tabs, as well as pressure-sensitive stamps and labels of various shapes and sizes.
• Best Graphics displayed a trio of Best Osako saddlestitchers. The models can produce up to 13,000 cph, and offer a choice of feeder and trimmer styles in vertical and horizontal feed models.
• A new inserter controller for mailing insertion control was touted by Domino Amjet. The controller provides a fully integrated read and print capability on both existing and new inserter systems.
• Nordson Corp. highlighted PURBlue 4 adhesive melters, the latest generation of its moisture-curing reactive (PUR) adhesive application systems. For use in low-consumption PUR applications, uses include clear box packaging and bookbinding, especially low-volume digital publishing.
• The Mailstream Productivity Series (MPS) high-speed inserting system was showcased by Pitney Bowes. The system features the new Mailstream Merging Module that cuts, merges and matches color coupons up to 80,000 per hour with a multiple-page color document, then inserts it into an in-line color personalized envelope to enhance its open-ability.