Debunking the In-line vs. Off-line Finishing Myth
Sponsored by: MBO America
Speakers: Joe Maloy, President & COO, Polaris Direct and Lance Martin Director of Sales, MBO
Each type of postpress configuration has its advantages and disadvantages, depending on your product applications and other criteria. This webinar will address what factors to consider when deciding between in-line vs. near-line and off-line setups. You’ll hear from an industry expert on what to consider, as well as a real-life experience from a printer who has already gone through the decision and implementation process within his actual production environment.
During this webinar, you will learn:
• Basic advantages/disadvantages that are inherent to each configuration.
• How to avoid workflow bottlenecks throughout your production process.
• Factors to consider when trying to decide which postpress configuration is better for your business model, including when to start thinking about how you will perform the finishing process.
• Why the most successful printers think about their operation holistically —meaning, if you are buying a new press, you want to think about finishing during that purchase decision. Finishing purchases might still come later, but it’s important to map how everything fits together before you find yourself stuck with major workflow bottlenecks.
• Current industry trends/best practices for finishing
Sponsored by MBO America
Couldn’t make it on April 13th? No problem! Printing Impressions webinars are archived for 90 days after the live event. Click above to register and get access to this webinar, both live and on- demand.