The Actual Best Sales Letter
As promised, I got the permission of the salesperson who wrote the great sales letter I highlighted in my last blog (Best Sales Letter I’ve Seen in a LONG Time!), and here it is.
[Thanks to all of you who sent me your letters for critique. I will still make this offer: If you want me to look at what you are sending and give you my honest opinion, feel free to send me your letters and I’ll take a crack at helping you make them better.]
August 17, 2011
Dear (Company Name) IT team,
I’m an Account Executive for SHI and I’ve recently moved from Austin, TX to the great city of Chicago. If you haven’t put this trash can on the floor next to yours in the office already, please take the next five minutes to read the below:
5 reasons to give me a call (in no particular order):
- I love my job. – IT is an evolving industry, and it’s up to me to keep up with the latest trends in software and hardware. Luckily, I am interested in both technology and people, so I have genuinely enjoyed working with IT professionals during my last year and a half at SHI and I wouldn’t have moved across the country if I didn’t believe my company had something valuable to offer.
- I’m local. – I live right here in Chicago. Off of xxxxxxx, to be exact. Yes, I just told you where I live, because that matters. Being close to your organization and to our local partners is crucial to your success in the datacenter.
- I created this trash can during my weekend off. – Yes, I got to go to my first Bears game, but I alsoworked on a creative way to get the word out on SHI. Just imagine what I would do you for your organization if you were my actual customer.
- Your success is my success. – Cheesy, right? It’s true. My job is to make organizations more efficient. Whether it’s simplifying your procurement process, or recommending top solutions that will save your company money and time, I will do it.
- I get it. – I know what customers need in a partner – someone who is responsive, thorough, and accountable. Your time is valuable and you need someone who cares as much about your business as you do. I’ve been supporting corporate organizations of your size during my entire time with SHI, so I understand the kinds of challenges you face on a daily basis. Combine that knowledge with my ability to listen and you have a great partner.
The point of this is, if you do not like me, you won’t like what my company can do for you. The relationship starts with me, and I want to earn your business. SHI is the largest IT reseller you’ve never heard of, until now. Here are a few facts on us:
- Revenues of $4.4 billion in 2010
• Expected to hit $5 billion this year, with over 50% of revenues received from Microsoft Sales.
• 22+ years of consistent, positive growth – no acquisitions, no debt.
- Female, minority owned by our CEO, Thai Lee – first Korean woman to graduate from Harvard.
Ever heard of minority credits? They’re kind of cool. Just ask me.
- Awards after awards after awards
• These aren’t awards that we make up; they’re awards that our partners give us.
* Microsoft – 10th year we have received their Operational Excellence award (and we are only reseller to claim that) - #2 LAR in North America
* Dell – 2010 Partner of the Year
* 2011 Symantec and McAfee Partner of the Year
* Top 3 Partner with HP, Adobe, VMware, Citrix, and the list goes on…
- Much, much more, but I’m already approaching the five minute mark.
If I’m worth your time, please give me a call at your convenience. I’d love to stop by to introduce myself to your organization.
Now working as a consultant, Kelly sold digital printing for 15 years so she understands the challenges, frustrations and pitfalls of building a successful sales practice. Her mission is to help printers of all sizes sell more stuff. Kelly's areas of focus include client recovery, retention and acquisition, and marketing communications projects.
Kelly graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Political Science and, among other notable accomplishments, co-founded the Windy City Rollers, a professional women's roller derby league.