Scarier Than Halloween: What Keeps Print Buyers Up at Night
Think Friday the 13th is scary? Print Buyers Online.com recently polled major print media buyers to ask what keeps them up at night. Not surprising, respondents unanimously said they would rather face off with Jason any day than confront these print nightmares. . .
• a print job where the quoted price is $18,836, but the final invoice is $52,038
• a color-blind pressman
• when the art director, Fabio the Fanatic, insists on attending the press check
• anytime a printer says “It’s on the truck.”
• a press check at 3 o’clock in the morning. . .in a remote small town in Iowa. . .during a blizzard
• a print run of a million brochures with the digits transposed in the company phone number
• when the printer swears it delivered 10,000 brochures, but the mailhouse swears it only received 9,000
• when a printer says, “We have no idea why that problem happened with your last print job, but you can be assured that it will never happen again!”
• a proofing process that requires 10 people to sign off on the proof, none of whom know anything about printing
So what makes you afraid to answer the phone or hide under your desk in terror?