Do You Wish You Had More Time?
Time=168. That’s right 168. What is it? The total number of hours we have in one week. 24×7. Nobody has less or more of it. In fact, time is the great equalizer for all mankind. It does not care how old you are, where you live, what race, gender or nationality you are, etc. Time is the same for each human being. Right?
The question then must be reframed. Since we all have the same amount of time, the choice is ours as to what we do with our 168. For example, if you are reading and reflecting on this blog post that takes time. Everything we do, consciously or subconsciously, takes some of our time.
Here are some questions to consider.
- Do you wish you had more time?
- Do you feel pulled in too many directions that demand your time?
- Do you feel that you are stretched further in both your personal and business life than ever?
- Do you have trouble deciding what should be done and in what order?
- Do you feel that you have less time than ever to get all that you want to get done?
- Do you long for some “down time?”
I hear so many people—once I began to consciously listen for it—say they are: “slammed, buried, drowning,” etc. I observe a world where people oftentimes are looking down more and more (me included) connected to their mobile devices than the person next to them. Thus, I stop and wonder if this is the new norm and if we are beginning to lose the personal touch—as we all try to move so fast.
I have some deeper insights on all of this and will share more in the coming weeks. However, I would like to hear some of your thoughts as well.