Have you ever asked why your Website is not being ranked on the first page—let alone the 100th page—of Google? It’s actually for some fairly straightforward reasons. Here are a few quick ways you can improve your ranking with the all-knowing search engines:
1. Determine what your best customers are searching for first. This is usually the last thing you might think to ask, but it’s actually the most important. If you could know for certain what they are searching for, you could make your Website deliver those results.
Go to https://adwords.google.com and start an account. From there, you will be able to insert any word or phrase that you want and see how many people search daily, weekly, monthly, annually on that word or phrase.
2. Pick a phrase that doesn’t have a million people searching for it. Instead, pick a phrase that say 1,000 people a month are searching for. The more specific the search, the more specific the result. “Printing,” for instance, delivers 184,000,000 results on Google. So if you have optimized your Website with that search word, unless you are one of the top five printing firms in the U.S., good luck getting found.
3. Pick a phrase that sums up the essentials of what you do. If you are great at painting kitchen cabinets then start with “kitchen cabinet painting” and see how many people are searching for that phrase. If it’s in the smaller range, it will be easier to get on the first page. If only two people are searching a phrase a month, then keep looking until you find a niche you are happy with and that is inside your range of searches per month.
4. Consider working with an expert to get you started. This is not a one-time event, but something that you need to keep at to make it successful.
5. Once you have selected the keyword or phrase, write your entire Website with this architecture in mind. Doing so will make you an expert in the estimation of the search engines and greatly improve your search page rank.Tom Wants to Hear Your Branding Issues:If you are a printing company, or product/services company serving the industry, and would like to be considered for a feature in this blog, please contact Tom Marin for an interview.
Follow MarketCues on Twitter
for branding and social media tips, as well as the latest trends. Tom also welcomes emails
, new LinkedIn
connections, calls to 407.330.7708 or visit www.marketcues.com
. How can he help solve your branding issues?