xpedx to Show Expanded Technology Offering, Hold Drawing for Trip to its Technology Center
• Press. xpedx is the master distributor of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in the U.S. and now Canada. The 42-inch, eight-up RYOBI 1050-6 and the 31-inch, six-up 756G with power-saving LED-UV curing will make their North American debut at the xpedx booth. Both presses are six-color and fully automated with maximum speeds of up to 16,000 sheets per hour. xpedx and Ryobi say the presses will help printers significantly reduce makeready times, maximize operating efficiencies and expand into the package printing markets including flexo, corrugated and folding carton.
• Post press, fulfillment and mailing. Bindery, finishing and mailing services are rapidly evolving into high-efficiency profit centers. xpedx will demonstrate a strong lineup of postpress equipment including the FMA UV coater, Morgana DigiFold 5000p, new Secap QuikJet 36 Addressing System with Jet 1 Dual Headed Tabber and the new C.P. Bourg BSF document sheet feeder connected to the BME stitch/fold/trim booklet maker. xpedx will also discuss other equipment available in its broad post-press offering.
• Expansion of digital equipment offer. As digital print grows, so does the xpedx digital printing equipment portfolio. The company is highlighting its offer of the Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 digital color press, supported by digital finishing technology from FMA, C.P. Bourg, Morgana and Secap.
• Innovation in print job estimating, bidding and purchasing management. xpedx has teamed up with the industry’s leading technology providers to offer the first-ever integration of real-time paper inventory and customer pricing in a print management system. Printers who have tested it report that it significantly reduces time spent on supplies procurement and management. It also enables them to quickly obtain critical data such as stock availability and pricing, improving the accuracy of print job pricing and bids.
• U.S. printing company owners, managers now visiting new Cincinnati print tech center. The new, 11,000-square-foot xpedx Technology Center features equipment and workflows from major suppliers including Ryobi, Mitsubishi Imaging, Kodak, Epson, Secap, Xitron, EFI, Konica-Minolta, FMA, Morgana and Agfa, as well as training, in a live print production environment. Printers from around the U.S. visit the center to test drive prepress, press and bindery equipment.