xpedx to Show Expanded Technology Offering, Hold Drawing for Trip to its Technology CenterSeptember 2, 2009
• Post press, fulfillment and mailing. Bindery, finishing and mailing services are rapidly evolving into high-efficiency profit centers. xpedx will demonstrate a strong lineup of postpress equipment including the FMA UV coater, Morgana DigiFold 5000p, new Secap QuikJet 36 Addressing System with Jet 1 Dual Headed Tabber and the new C.P. Bourg BSF document sheet feeder connected to the BME stitch/fold/trim booklet maker. xpedx will also discuss other equipment available in its broad post-press offering.
• Expansion of digital equipment offer. As digital print grows, so does the xpedx digital printing equipment portfolio. The company is highlighting its offer of the Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 digital color press, supported by digital finishing technology from FMA, C.P. Bourg, Morgana and Secap.
• Innovation in print job estimating, bidding and purchasing management. xpedx has teamed up with the industry’s leading technology providers to offer the first-ever integration of real-time paper inventory and customer pricing in a print management system. Printers who have tested it report that it significantly reduces time spent on supplies procurement and management. It also enables them to quickly obtain critical data such as stock availability and pricing, improving the accuracy of print job pricing and bids.
• U.S. printing company owners, managers now visiting new Cincinnati print tech center. The new, 11,000-square-foot xpedx Technology Center features equipment and workflows from major suppliers including Ryobi, Mitsubishi Imaging, Kodak, Epson, Secap, Xitron, EFI, Konica-Minolta, FMA, Morgana and Agfa, as well as training, in a live print production environment. Printers from around the U.S. visit the center to test drive prepress, press and bindery equipment.
• xpedx Stores and xpedxstores.com assist the small printer. xpedx Stores reps will be on hand to discuss specialized services and equipment for small printers and franchise owners. xpedx has more than 125 stores across North America and printers with frequent small orders are rapidly adopting www.xpedxstores.com into their business.
• Specialized services for in-plants. xpedx understands that in-plant managers today need to provide their managers with hard evidence of effectiveness. xpedx consultants provide a comprehensive financial analysis of an in-plant’s business—and how it compares to outsourced print. Projections on operating efficiency and return on invested capital are also provided to in-plant managers. xpedx will discuss its new website for in-plant printers, inhouseservices.xpedx.com, a new information sharing forum for in-plant facility managers and operators to help them expand into broader marketing support services.
• xpedx Canada expansion and Ryobi. xpedx Canada has announced an agreement with Ryobi Ltd., to be the exclusive provider of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in Canada. Its recent acquisition of Gould Paper Canada puts xpedx in major Western Canada markets. xpedx Canada has also expanded www.xpedx.ca to include real-time pricing, inventory availability and easy online ordering.
To participate in the latest xpedx “Invest to Win” drawing, visit the xpedx / Ryobi booth 1221 and complete the registration information. The drawing will be held immediately after the show. Winners will be notified immediately and travel must be completed by March 31, 2010. No purchase is necessary to win.
“Winners can test-drive equipment in a live production environment, consult with printing experts—and find new avenues for growth, profitability,” said John Torrey vice president and general manager of the xpedx Technology Center. “They can see some of the most important pre-press, press and post-press/fulfillment equipment available today.”
Each winner will receive roundtrip coach airfare for two between any U.S. city and Cincinnati; two nights accommodations at the luxury hotel, The Cincinnatian; an xpedx-hosted dinner; ground transportation; $200 cash for incidental expenses; and a personalized tour of the new xpedx Technology Center.
About the new xpedx Technology Center
The 11,000-square-foot demonstration and exhibition center is the only location in the U.S. where printers can evaluate, test and purchase equipment and technologies from multiple OEMs in a live production environment.
The center provides U.S. print professionals with access to cutting edge technology and equipment from the world’s leading companies in one central location. “The ability to test-run and compare products in a working print production environment is a big plus in helping printers find the best possible equipment for their particular business needs,” said Torrey.
“New printing equipment is typically a major investment—and we want to do everything we can to help owners and managers identify solutions that spur growth, efficiency and increased profitability,” Torrey added.
The center’s printing technology and operations experts can show printers how to create more efficient operations and offer guidance on how investing in technology can help them enter new markets such as high-margin specialty printing, mailing/distribution and fulfillment workflows.
The center showcases pre-press and workflow technologies, offset and digital printing equipment, as well as post-press/bindery equipment and technology. Equipment is from top manufacturers including Ryobi, Kodak, Mitsubishi Imaging, Epson, C.P. Bourg Inc., Morgana, Secap and others. The center features three state-of-the-art Ryobi multicolor presses—a 2-up, five-color Ryobi 525 GX with coater, a 6-up, six-color Ryobi 756 with inline UV casting and foiling, and an 8-up, five-color Ryobi 925 with inline coater. xpedx said it will add new equipment from these and other OEMs throughout the year.
xpedx, a business of International Paper (NYSE: IP), is one of the largest business-to-business distribution companies in North America. xpedx distributes a wide variety of printing papers, graphics, packaging and janitorial-sanitary maintenance supplies and equipment to printers, manufacturers, retailers and high-traffic facilities across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. It is the master distributor of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in the U.S. and Canada. For more information visit www.xpedx.com.