xpedx Launches Expanded Network of Package Design Centers
• material-neutral designs using corrugated, folding carton, specialty foams,
• thermoformed plastics, molded fiber and pulp, and flexible packaging;
• control of and potential reduction in total packaging and distribution costs;
• consistent design, innovation, testing and development processes;
• wide-ranging sustainability solutions;
• packaging machinery, systems and substrates plus production line optimization;
• access to production, kitting and fulfillment;
• supply chain simplification and transparency; and
• delivery of packaged products and point-of-sale presentation.
xpedx Package Design Centers are housed at xpedx facilities in Hayward, CA; Juarez, Mexico; Olathe, KS; Chicago; Pittsburgh; Rochester, NY; and Livonia, MI. All are staffed with packaging engineers, project managers, and have full design, prototype development, and access to state-of-the-art testing capabilities.
In recent years, xpedx design and logistics capabilities have helped some customers, including some of the biggest electronics original equipment manufacturers, save millions of dollars annually in packaging and supply chain costs. xpedx package design experts have also helped manufacturers successfully, cost-efficiently and rapidly launch new products.
Cincinnati, Ohio-based xpedx, a business of International Paper (NYSE: IP), is a premier distribution company in North America. xpedx distributes a wide variety of print, packaging and janitorial-sanitary supplies and equipment to printers, manufacturers, retailers and commercial facilities from more than 200 locations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. For more information visit www.xpedx.com.
Source: Company press release.