New Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 Printer Offers Faster Speeds
ROCHESTER, NY—June 24, 2013—With the growing demand for large indoor posters, signs, point-of-purchase graphics and banners, Xerox’s new Wide Format IJP 2000 gives printers the extra speed needed to produce more jobs faster.
Increased speed means printers can accept and produce more wide-format jobs, even last minute requests.
InfoTrends expects the retail value of wide-format printing in North America to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 7.9 percent, reaching $23.6 billion by 2016.1
“The IJP 2000 breaks the mold in terms of speed and brings a huge competitive advantage to our customers,” said Dustin Graupman, vice president, Inkjet Business, Xerox. “Part of the challenge of wide-format jobs is they can create a significant speed bump in the work process—and profitability. That’s why we’ve designed an uninterrupted operation right into the printer.”
Key features of the IJP 2000 single pass device include:
- Faster print speeds: complete jobs more than 40 times faster than comparable wide-format systems (up to 4,520 square feet/420 square meters per hour). That means high-quality, color signs can be printed in five seconds, 30 foot banners in one minute and production runs of 200 prints in about 20 minutes.
- Stationary print heads: allow the paper to move under five print heads in one single pass; fewer moving parts mean better speed and less maintenance.
- High vibrancy with instantly dry ink: produce a variety of full-color products—from tradeshow banners and presentation graphics to life-size photos and promotional displays—with crisp, precise imagery.
- Expansive specialty media range: allow printers to offer customers more choices in wide-format applications, with media such as banner fabric, photo gloss, satin and backlit/stoplight films.
- Industry-leading wide-format workflow software: the Caldera GrandRIP+ keeps the device running at full-rated speed while processing jobs. The software is easy to use, even for new operators, and includes spot color matching for a uniform look across different jobs and media.
- Personalized software (optional): produce personalized materials quickly and efficiently with Xerox FreeFlow VI Design Express software. This Adobe InDesign plug-in simplifies the design and creation of variable signs; includes templates and step-by-step instructions.
The IJP 2000 will be on display at FESPA, June 25-29 in London, Xerox Stand Q39N and at PRINT 13, Sept. 8-12 in Chicago.
Order taking for the Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 begins in July.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping people be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, CT, more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations.