W.H. Leary’s ‘Finish The Day’ Event Featured Bobst Expertfold DemonstrationSeptember 29, 2011
The demo took a previously printed and diecut 16 pt. blank through the Expertfold, performing multiple functions in a single pass. These included in-line embossing of a “Blues” logo, inserting an 8.5x11˝ data sheet and the inline printing of 2D matrix bar code (QR code) using Domino Amjet’s BitJet+ V 4.5 high speed system.
Gluing was provided by W. H. Leary’s Array system, which features On-Target—a self-correcting gluing technology along with the company’s exclusive LearyVIEW camera inspection. LearyVIEW was triggering the Bobst Flipper Ejector for the automatic removal of defects while the folder-gluer operated at full speed.
This comprehensive assembly of technologies showed the true state-of-the-art in what can be accomplished on a folder-gluer today.
Multiple suppliers contributed to the demonstration. This included:
- Printing courtesy of Keystone Folding Box Co., Newark, NJ
- Cutting Die and Stripping Board provided by Synergy Tooling Systems, Inc.
- Embossing Die and tooling for embossing from Universal Engraving, Inc.
- Inserting Equipment from Multifeeder Technology, the Multifeeder MFT 350
- Glue supplied by Capital Adhesives
- Belts from Nitta Corp. of America