W.H. Leary’s ‘Finish The Day’ Event Featured Bobst Expertfold Demonstration
TINLEY PARK, IL—Sept. 29, 2011—After each of the first three days of GRAPH EXPO 2011, buses departed McCormick Place for W.H. Leary’s facility in nearby Tinley Park for a “Finish The Day” party and live technology demonstration. Food, drink and live entertainment were on hand with each evening’s action centered around a Bobst Expertfold 110 A-2 CS folder-gluer running a Chicago-themed folder created specially for the event.
The demo took a previously printed and diecut 16 pt. blank through the Expertfold, performing multiple functions in a single pass. These included in-line embossing of a “Blues” logo, inserting an 8.5×11˝ data sheet and the inline printing of 2D matrix bar code (QR code) using Domino Amjet’s BitJet+ V 4.5 high speed system.
Gluing was provided by W. H. Leary’s Array system, which features On-Target—a self-correcting gluing technology along with the company’s exclusive LearyVIEW camera inspection. LearyVIEW was triggering the Bobst Flipper Ejector for the automatic removal of defects while the folder-gluer operated at full speed.
This comprehensive assembly of technologies showed the true state-of-the-art in what can be accomplished on a folder-gluer today.
Multiple suppliers contributed to the demonstration. This included:
- Printing courtesy of Keystone Folding Box Co., Newark, NJ
- Cutting Die and Stripping Board provided by Synergy Tooling Systems, Inc.
- Embossing Die and tooling for embossing from Universal Engraving, Inc.
- Inserting Equipment from Multifeeder Technology, the Multifeeder MFT 350
- Glue supplied by Capital Adhesives
- Belts from Nitta Corp. of America