Tukaiz Cites 12 Initiatives that Led to Growth in 2012January 28, 2013
FRANKLIN PARK, IL—January 28, 2013—Expanding its position as a leading marketing services production company, Tukaiz LLC closed 2012 with 12 distinguished accomplishments that supported the company’s continued growth. The focus in 2012 included the launch of a new subsidiary, extensive capital expansion, new product offerings and prestigious business partnerships that meet current and future customer requirements. Tukaiz “12 in ‘12” growth initiatives were:
- The installation of an Automated Agfa M-Press Leopard—the first in the United States. The M-Press Leopard gives Tukaiz the ability to output in two days what traditionally takes screen-printing two weeks, at a higher-quality and reduced cost. Additionally, the installation of the 5x10˝ automated flatbed inkjet press is designed to deliver the highest image quality on a wide-variety of rigid- and- flexible substrates, doing for print what HD did for television.
- The addition of a glitter unit to the Scodix1200 digital press from Israel, a breakthrough in printing technology that adds dimension and texture to images and words. Tukaiz is the first company in the United States to implement this innovative printing solution.
- Ongoing investment in wide-format capabilities to satisfy an increasing customer demand for materials, such as in-store POP/POS displays; vivid 2-D banners and window and floor clings.
- The launch of its Web and mobile application development subsidiary, TKML, to build enterprise-level software solutions that improve efficiency for businesses of all sizes.
- Continued demand for its Backstage capabilities, a proprietary online marketing management system introduced in 2010, that gives street-level owners and managers of corporate chains the ability to quickly and securely localize marketing campaigns. Continual software updates and advancements in response to client demands.
- Partnerships with many marquee customers such as PepsiCo Frito-Lay, Redbox and Burger King now use Backstage and other services for their marketing production needs.
- The release of PixyMe Plus, the iPad version of its well-renowned application PixyMe, a first-of-its kind application that uses groundbreaking true-to-life image personalization technology to create and send a personalized electronic or printed postcard from a mobile device or tablet.
- A dramatic increase in fulfillment activity resulted in renovation and expansion of space and offering; including state-of-the-art fulfillment and sophisticated tracking capabilities, making it even easier for customers to meet all their marketing production needs under one roof.
- Continued growth of service offerings, in particular full-service in-house creative design and boutique agency services.
- The acquisition of 27,000 square feet, adding to the 40,000 square-foot expansion of its campus in 2011 to support growing fulfillment needs.
- Ample organic growth consisting of a 9 percent increase of employee base and a 9 percent overall increase in revenue from the previous year.
- An upheld partnership with industry visionary, Benny Landa (founder of digital print) to be the first companies in North America to act as a beta site for Landa’s new Nanography technology. Nanography reported to revolutionize commercial print globally, combines the speed of offset with the variable versioning abilities of digital. The Landa-Tukaiz relationship is one with great history, as Frank Defino, Sr., president and CEO of Tukaiz partnered with Landa to be the first company in the Midwest to invest in Landa’s game-changing Indigo digital press in 1994.
“We certainly recognize that a company’s continued success stems from a combination of talented employees, outstanding client relationships and a culture that inspires innovation and nurtures the desire to pioneer the uncharted of the industry,” said Frank Defino, Jr., vice president and managing director at Tukaiz. “In 2012 we put focus on our initiatives to deliver on our promise of always staying in front of evolving marketing production trends to lead the marketplace. We are pleased that progress led to growth that better allows us to provide seamless end-to-end marketing solutions from a single location, yet give our clients the attention and support they deserve.”
Tukaiz is a results-driven marketing services production company based in Franklin Park, IL. Founded in 1963, Tukaiz is a family-owned and operated company providing products and services to advertising agencies and corporate America. The infrastructure of Tukaiz includes imaging, print, and interactive services comprised of in-house consulting, creative, prepress, color correction and retouching, as well as offset, digital, large-format and banner printing, online marketing management and print production systems, software and data applications development, Website development/hosting, multimedia solutions, finishing, and mailing and fulfillment services.