Simple Pop-Up 'Golden' Ticket Holder Format: 60-Second Fold of the Week
Get ready for something fresh and simple and wonderful. This week’s solution is from Williams College in Williamstown, Mass. Designed by their in-house creative team and printed by Benchemark Printing, this eye-catching mailer is called “The Golden Ticket” by the Williams admissions team.
A golden envelope arrives in the mail with a simple, purple carrier that opens to present the recipient with a pop-up, personalized golden ticket announcing their acceptance into the college.
This brilliantly simple format works without glue or tape, and is a great way to deliver something special.
How was this Simple Pop-Up ‘Golden’ Ticket Holder Format created?
- Folding Style: Four-Panel Asymmetrical Accordion
- Print Production: Benchemark Printing, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Design: Office of Creative Services, Williams College/Williamstown, Mass.
- Paper: Carrier: 120# Premium Dull Cover; Envelope and Ticket: Stardream Metallic Gold A9 Envelope and 105# Cover Ticket
- Size: Flat (Carrier): 14.25″ x 8.125″; Folded 5.625″ x 8.125″; Ticket: 5″ x 7″
- Finishing: Diecut, Score, Hand Fold and Insert
- Notes: Carrier printed 1/1 PMS metallic with flood aqueous coat, insert printed with variable data on a Ricoh digital press. 3,000 qty.
- Budget Rating: Low–Moderate
Trish Witkowski shares her super-cool folding samples and helpful production tips. View the “60-second Super-cool Fold of the Week” archive at www.foldfactory.com.
Trish Witkowski is Chief Folding Fanatic at the online community foldfactory.com. She holds a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design and a master of science degree in Graphic Arts Publishing from Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Printing Management and Sciences (now the School of Print Media).
An award-winning designer, Trish held the position of creative director for a Baltimore-based agency for six years, and has taught design and desktop publishing at the college level. She has a specialized expertise in the area of folding and is the creator of the FOLDRite™ system, a 2004 GATF InterTech™ Technology Award winner.
Trish frequently publishes articles for graphic arts industry publications, and has written three books on the topic of folding: A Field Guide to Folding, Folding for the Graphic Arts: A Teacher's Handbook, and FOLD: The Professional's Guide to Folding.