Scitex Is Jetting To New Heights
1) Look beyond CPM (cost per thousand). "Look at cost per sale, instead," he suggests.
2) Embrace new technology. For example, using e-mail messages in combination with printed direct mailings can dramatically boost responses, Hackett reports.
3) Create new revenue streams. Variable content, full color, better image quality and production flexibility can be exploited to reduce costs and/or offer revenue opportunities—if users fundamentally rethink their communications, the company exec contends.
4) Invent new partnerships. Non-traditional communications, such as motor vehicle registration programs, can provide marketing opportunities because of their targeted audiences.
5) Be a strategic applications specialist. Operational costs can be turned into sales revenue, Hackett says. Adding marketing messages to billing statements is a prime example, he concludes.