Ricoh Expands Beyond Print at PRINT 13September 9, 2013
CHICAGO—September 9, 2013—Ricoh Americas announced the newest innovations to be highlighted at PRINT 13 (Booth #1931), including new hardware solutions spanning from cut-sheet to wide-format and continuous forms, award-winning critical communications and workflow offerings, and proven professional services. Show attendees will see these solutions in action, addressing real-world business problems walking down Ricoh's Main Street.
Ricoh provides a real-life view at PRINT 13 of how its cost-effective and reliable products and solutions aim to make information work for businesses of all sizes. As attendees take a tour of Main Street, they can visit a variety of storefronts including an insurance company, a university, a wallpaper shop and other businesses to get an in-depth, up-close look at Ricoh's solutions portfolio in action.
New innovations to be showcased at the booth include:
- Must See 'Em Award-winning Critical Communications Solutions Suite—Ricoh's industry-first portfolio of workflow solutions providing companies of all sizes and across all industries with a uniquely simple, vendor-neutral and reliable solution to precisely and confidently produce, track and report on jobs that require perfection, compliance or customization. The new Connectors Feature brings consistency and efficiency within multi-vendor print environments. Visitors will also be shown how to track jobs easily with barcodes, a table top inserter and a camera using the TotalFlow DocEnhancer Verification Feature. This portfolio leverages Ricoh workflow software offerings including RICOH ProcessDirector and RICOH ProcessDirector Express, now available in Windows 8 Enterprise Editions for affordable implementation in smaller companies.
- Ricoh TotalFlow 2.0—Encompassing TotalFlow Prep, Print Manager, and Production Manager—Provides a "one-stop" experience for customers, designed to help manage entire workflows, simplify workflow processes and expand access to a wide range of solutions including: Web-to-print, personalization, document and job management, and multi-channel marketing capabilities. Built for cut-sheet print environments, TotalFlow Prep, Print Manager and Production Manager deliver a comprehensive solution that addresses print readiness and efficiency challenges. The suite enables companies to increase efficiency throughout an entire print production operation and ultimately drive revenue growth through automation of manual processes to reduce errors, simplifying the control and management of jobs.
- Ricoh Pro C5100s/5110s—This new production color printing system from Ricoh sets a new standard in value, versatility and footprint. Multiple technologies that include a unique ac-transfer system and elastic fusing belt illustrate outstanding output on a wide variety of textured media. Ricoh's expanded media library enables customers to easily manage an extensive list of substrates and the key printing parameters to optimize the output quality on each substrate, thus maximizing productivity and image quality.
- Ricoh Pro C8100s/8110s/8120s—Ricoh's new production monochrome multi-functional systems aims to meet the needs of a production print environment at an affordable price point. This innovative series introduces color production technology into a monochrome print system and features up to 220 IPM duplex color scanning, 1,200x4,800 dpi resolution, and 40 gsm to 300 gsm multi-type media support, empowering customers with greater output flexibility and more cost-efficient print operations.
- Ricoh MP CW2200SP—This is the first full-color digital imaging system in the Ricoh wide format multifunction product portfolio. By combining full-color with black and white output, Ricoh enables businesses with wide format demands to integrate their printing needs into one device. With copying, scanning and printing capabilities, the Ricoh MP CW2200SP streamlines low-volume, wide format workflows while offering a feature set that includes a simplified display and an animated step-by-step guide, the ability to choose from multiple paper sizes and weights multiple paper feeds, an embedded SDK architecture and more to make this device a standout offering for architectural, construction and engineering firms operating in CAD-centric environments.
- InfoPrint 5000 GP Color system with enhancements that provide improved print quality and increased productivity—Ricoh's flagship InfoPrint 5000, trusted for its proven reliability and ease of operation, continues to be a market leader with ever-increasing customer acceptance and print volume growth. Ricoh is taking the next step to help current and future customers broaden application capabilities and increase productivity with new field-upgradable offerings. At PRINT 13, Ricoh will demonstrate a new "on-the-fly" splicing capability that can increase throughput and reduce paper waste. Additionally, components of a new suite of print quality enhancements have been applied to produce color output with more "pop" as well as higher density blacks, enabling even more digital applications for print shops, commercial printers, data centers, and in-plant printers. The InfoPrint 5000 will be running several jobs, including higher education books on 45# matte with 830 ppi, journals on 60# gloss, and direct mail pieces on 80# gloss. Other industry vertical samples will be available in the booth's store-front kiosks.
- 1to1Create Marketing Services—Ricoh will be showcasing a comprehensive cloud-based subscription service that brings to print service providers the ability to offer multichannel, multi-touch marketing campaigns. This easy-to-navigate portal delivers various turnkey templates to create a variety of customizable PURL driven direct mail cards, Email blasts, tri-fold brochures, flyers, counter cards and specialty pieces targeted to vertical markets—such as healthcare, education, retail and more. At the Ricoh booth, visitors will be able to go hands-on with the unique 1to1 Create Portal, designed and delivered in partnership with PTI Marketing Technologies.
For the first time, attendees will have the chance to see Ricoh's latest strategic investments in action. Ricoh will integrate Avanti Slingshot, PTI MarcomCentral and PTI FusionPro into its workflow software solutions—illustrating to customers the benefits of the recent investments in these companies.
Those not attending the show who would like to experience Ricoh's PRINT 13 demonstrations can visit the Virtual Event Center at http://bit.ly/Print13.
Also at PRINT 13, Kurt Konow, director of vertical marketing at Ricoh, will present a session on multi-channel marketing and customer loyalty, "Beyond Print: Building Customer Loyalty and Revenue via Multi-Channel Marketing" on Wednesday, September 11 at 10:30am-noon CT in Room S403B (South Hall, level 4 Meeting Rooms).
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2013, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,924 billion yen (approx. 20 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.