Publishing Professionals to Convene in NYC for the Largest Publishing Event of Its Kind
PHILADELPHIA—March 7, 2012—Thousands of publishing executives from the book and magazine publishing industries will convene at the New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square, on March 19-21, 2012, for the Publishing Business Conference & Expo—North America’s largest conference and expo of its kind.
The conference—produced by Publishing Executive and Book Business (industry-leading business magazines)—will feature more than 40 sessions and nearly 100 speakers, including:
- David Carey, president, Hearst Magazines;
- Josh Tyrangiel, editor, Bloomberg Businessweek;
- Josh Quittner, editorial director, Flipboard;
- David Carr, columnist and reporter, The New York Times;
- Deborah Forte, president, Scholastic Media;
- Marcus Leaver, president, Sterling Publishing Co. (owned by Barnes & Noble);
- Michela O’Connor Abrams, president, Dwell Media (who is also the conference chair);
- Maureen McMahon, president/publisher, Kaplan Publishing;
- Peter Meirs, vp, production technologies, Time Inc.;
- Matt Bean, avp, mobile, social and emerging media, Rodale Inc.; and
- Christopher McKenzie, vp & director, institutional sales, Americas & EMEA, Wiley InterScience Sales, Wiley.
“This is the one conference where leaders and innovators from book and magazine publishing companies get together as an industry to share challenges, ideas and opportunities for thriving in today’s media world,” says Noelle Skodzinski, Publishing Business Conference program director, and editorial director of Publishing Executive and Book Business magazines.
Educational sessions will address dramatic shifts facing publishers, and the evolution to integrated media companies publishing content in many formats and across many platforms. Attendees will benefit from big-picture keynote addresses and panels, as well as programming that provides practical advice, such as eBook conversion workshops, a “Mobile and Digital Magazine Symposium,” a half-day “App Forum” and a “Social Media Strategy”’ intensive.
Other sessions will explore:
- The Future of E-books,
- International Trends in E-book Consumption,
- Building Diversified Revenue Streams,
- E-commerce Strategies, and
- Enhancing the Value of Print Magazines (among many more high-priority topics for today’s publishing executives).
The event also will feature the industry’s largest expo (free for publishers to attend) of publishing solutions, services and technologies, with exhibitors offering everything from printing services and paper products to publishing workflow, digital magazine and mobile content solutions, as well as eBook conversion services, and more.
For more information or to register, visit PublishingBusiness.com.
Source: Publishing Business Conference & Expo.