Proteus Packaging’s Success with Speedmaster XL 145 Prompts Addition of Dymatrix DiecutterMay 18, 2011
The 57” Dymatrix 145 meets the most demanding requirements in large-format diecutting. It offers:
• Highly efficient diecutting and embossing for size 6 formats
• Electronically controlled braking brush in the delivery section that enables higher production speeds and perfect alignment of blanks
• High-performance, nonstop sheet feeder designed for simple operation and high productivity
• Patented gripper bar system for precise registration
• Reliable stripping and blank separation
• Moving upper platen for diecutting accuracy and minimal makereadies
• Fast, trouble-free changeovers
• Maximum flexibility and top productivity
• Heidelberg Logistics to automate material handling among its storeroom, press and diecutting machine
This Could Be the Start of Something
Installation of the Dymatrix 145 “took about two months, and was very well planned,” Wayman said. Prior to installation, operators from Proteus undertook initial training on a 40” Dymatrix at Heidelberg’s Tech Center in Kennesaw, Ga. Post-installation, Heidelberg technicians provided on-site training at the Proteus facility.
“We are consistently impressed by Heidelberg’s thoroughness and professionalism in handling both the installation of its equipment and subsequent training,” Wayman added. “Our local Heidelberg technicians provide fast, expert service when we need it. Their attention to detail and follow-through are just outstanding.”
Proteus Packaging aims to provide superior customer service by exploring cost-reduction opportunities and implementing packaging improvement processes. In that respect, the company’s collaboration with Heidelberg should secure its prospects and continue to bear fruit long into the future.
“The Speedmaster XL 145 VLF press marked our first entry into the world of Heidelberg. The new Dymatrix 145 is the second step, and the Speedmaster XL 105 will be our third,” Wayman said. “With Heidelberg’s expert assistance, we look forward to continued success in this highly competitive market.”