ACROSS the nation
HARTFORD—Joseph Merritt & Co. has expanded with the addition of a new EFI VUTEk QS3200r super-wide format roll-to-roll UV printer.
CARPENTERSVILLE—The title of “G7 Master Printer” has been earned by Carlith Printing.
ITASCA—Having much success with two other 40?, six-color Mitsubishi presses, Genesis Press recently ordered a Diamond 3000S sheetfed offset press featuring Mitsubishi’s SimulChanger plate-changing system.
INDIANAPOLIS—The IDEAlliance has certified Litho Press as “Indiana’s first G7 Master Printer,” asserts John Lacy, the firm’s vice president.
TOPEKA—At Southwest Publishing, a new GFI Mx6 ink formulation dispensing system is in operation.
LOUISVILLE—As an addition to its pressline, MCW Printing, the producer of Fastline Publications, has installed four DGM 430 units configured as a four-high tower.
FARMINGTON—To offer short-run, personalization and on-demand services, Franklin Printing invested in a new Kodak Nexpress S2500 digital production color press.
ANNAPOLIS—Frank Gumpert Printing installed the Heidelberg Prinect workflow and a Suprasetter 75 Gen II CTP system, along with two Mac G5 computers running the latest version of the Tiger operating system.
BALTIMORE—A new GFI Mx6 ink formulation dispensing system has been installed at Creative Printing & Publishing.
AGAWAM—Millennium Press recently invested in a suite of Heidelberg Prinect workflow solution upgrades, including the addition of Prinect Prinance MIS, Prepress Manager, Integration Manager, Pressroom Manager, Archive System, Digital Print Manager and Scheduler.
WORCHESTER—Saltus Press has purchased a DGM 1035 folder with quarter folder (four-tape delivery) and multiple features.
ST. CLOUD—A GFI Mx6 ink formulation dispensing system has been acquired by Sentinel Printing.
BRENTWOOD—Celebrating its 35th anniversary, Gene-Del Printing installed a Fujifilm/Screen CTP system with Screen Trueflow software, an Epson 9880 Fiery proofing system and a second Konica Minolta 6501 digital production unit. (The company was named after its founders, Gene and Delores Dodel.)