PODi’s AppForum Keynotes Focus on Digital Print Innovation for Growth
ROCHESTER, NY—December 7, 2009—PODi, the Digital Printing Initiative, announced keynote speakers for its 2010 AppForum conference, January 25-27, in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. Innovative solutions and exciting high margin applications will take center stage as speakers focus on new ways to grow business with digital print. Featured keynotes include:
• Innovators Tom McDermott, shoot it!; Marc Fors, enthusem; Val DiGiacinto, The Ace Group; and Noora Guldemond of metaio show off cutting edge technologies that drive print in a session moderated by industry thought leader, Barb Pellow.
• Mark Bardusch of Ford Motor Company and Jeff Sierra from Budco present an inside look at their game-changing, personalized direct mail program.
• Rab Govil, president of Caslon, a PODi Affiliate, reveals the potential for digital print in the healthcare arena and explains what attendees will need to know to compete successfully.
“The challenge print and marketing service providers face in 2010 is harnessing new technologies to create better marketing results for clients, provide more profitable solutions-driven applications and grow their digital print volumes,” said David Erlandson, Caslon general manager and AppForum organizer. “Our keynote speakers are already out there doing this – some with cool, out-of-the-box thinking, others with a keen understanding of the market and the ability to find growth opportunities in unexpected places.”
• Innovations That Drive Print – Industry expert Barb Pellow moderates as the panel discusses how fresh thinking can create more print volume. Tom McDermott, president of shoot it! explains their smartphone app for picture postcards. Marc Fors, co-founder of enthusem, demonstrates his system for personalized business greeting cards. Val DiGiacinto, VP sales for The Ace Group, shares the power of QR codes. And Noora Guldemond of metaio illustrates the energy in augmented reality technology.
• Ford Motor Company Maximizes the Power of Personalized Marketing – Even in a bad year, agile marketers, like Mark Bardusch, sales & marketing manager at Ford, pulled out impressive response rates and sales conversions thanks to personalized direct mail. He and Jeff Sierra, VP of marketing & product development at Budco, talk about the campaign they designed and give attendees an insider’s view of where the opportunities exist for growth in this vertical.