PIA Announces Nominations Now Open for the William D. Schaeffer Environmental Award
PITTSBURGH — December 21, 2016 — Printing Industries of America (PIA) has opened nominations for the William D. Schaeffer Environmental Award. The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2017. The Schaeffer Award recipient is honored with an engraved plaque before a prestigious group of peers and industry leaders during Printing Industries of America’s Spring Administrative Meetings on April 29, 2017.
Established in 1990, this award is named for environmental pioneer and researcher, Dr. William D. Schaeffer, who is celebrated in the industry for his contributions to environmental issues. The award is given to an individual, not a company, who has made significant contributions to the printing industry from an environmental perspective. It includes those involved in any type or printing operations, suppliers, or trade associations associated with the printing, publishing, and packaging industry.
Schaeffer Award qualifications include:
- A focus on advancing environmental awareness and action in the graphic communication industry
- Long-term efforts that resulted in successful environmental programs and improvements
- Encouragement of sustainable business practices as part of a continuous improvement program
- Contribution of industry assistance with EPA and OSHA regulations
- Pioneering efforts or creation of an original development that results in improvement in sustainability
For detailed information on candidate eligibility and how to submit a nomination, visit the Schaeffer Award page, download a nomination form, or contact Kayleigh Smith, Individual Award Programs Manager, at email@example.com.