PAF Announces 2009 Florida Print Awards Recipients
ORLANDO—August 10, 2009—The “best of the best” in graphic communications were honored at the 22nd Annual Florida Print Awards on August 8, 2009. The Printing Association of Florida (PAF) presented awards to 61 Florida-based printing, graphic arts companies and schools during a banquet at the Loews Royal Pacific at Universal Orlando.
“Year after year, the quality of the submissions for the Florida Print Awards increases, raising the standard to which they are held,” said George Ryan, president and CEO of PAF. “It seems like we say this every year, but the judges remarked how they were, once again, impressed with the entries submitted by PAF members and also said this year’s competition was the toughest yet. We continue to be excited and encouraged by the level of excellence among our members and the quality of printing in the state of Florida.”
Franklin Communications, LLC (Miami) received the coveted Golden Flamingo Award, presented each year to the company that wins the most first-place awards.
2009 Best of Show trophies were awarded to SunDance Graphics (Orlando), Division I; Coastal Printing, Inc. (Sarasota), Division II; and Rex Three, Inc. (Sunrise), Division III. xpedx and Mac Papers sponsored the Best of Show awards.
Flamingo Awards were presented in recognition of outstanding work in the following categories:
• Best of Show, Student Division – Lee Waters, Valencia Community College
• Best Annual Report sponsored by Heidelberg USA, Inc. – Roberts Printing, Clearwater
• Best Art Reproduction – SunDance Graphics, Orlando
• Best Digital Printing sponsored by Hewlett-Packard Company – Lauderdale Graphics, Miramar
• Best Poster – Franklin Communications LLC, Miami
• Best Printer’s Self-Advertising – Southeastern Printing, Stuart
• Best Process Color Printing sponsored by FUJIFilm Graphics Systems USA – Progressive Communications, Lake Mary
• Best Small Press – Pear Tree Press, Ltd., Jamaica