P3 - Partnership in Print Production - to Merge with IDEAllianceMay 2009
"The merger with IDEAlliance," said P3 President Guy Gleysteen, "helps us fulfill our mission-to facilitate career growth and education through peer support and the exchange of information."
P3 and IDEAlliance together will continue helping members to expand technical skills, stay current with emerging technologies, and to effectively network with other members. Each P3 member will continue as a member of IDEAlliance with the benefits of IDEAlliance membership.
"The goal of IDEAlliance," said IDEAlliance Chair David Orlin, "is to enable media professionals across the supply chain to strategize, innovate, standardize and implement solutions in an open and cooperative cross-industry environment. The unique proposition for IDEAlliance-and now P3-membership is that we are THE association that addresses the end-to-end digital supply chain with the unique and broad portfolio of IDEAlliance in certification, conformance, and qualification programs, specification and best practices development, education and development through its webinars, training, and conferences."
P3, a nonprofit association of professionals and students in graphic communications, print production, publishing, and new media, draws upon the expertise of its members and other industry luminaries to disseminate information on cutting-edge technologies, processes, and methodologies to educate its membership.
IDEAlliance is a not-for-profit membership organization leading in information technology, media, and publishing since 1966. IDEAlliance advances technology to develop standards and best practices to enhance efficiency and speed information across the end-to-end digital media supply.
P3 members will receive current and expanded programs through IDEAlliance:
1. Technology & Trends Series: 6 to 8 sessions each year focused on the key developments in the industry
2. Access to IDEAlliance webinar series: IDEAlliance presents three to four webinars monthly on a range of topics - conveniently priced to IDEAlliance members ... FREE
3. Professional Development Series: P3 will continue its focus on supporting professionals in career development
4. The Annual Luminaire Awards dinner, P3's most prestigious event, will continue to live on!
5. Networking: One of the strengths of P3 has been its social events to keep people in the conversation - we'll continue the fun and events. This year's Sunset Cruise will serve as the official "kick-off" celebration of the merger