Original Impressions Celebrates Earth Day With Two Environmental PromotionsApril 2009
• Our Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 printing press allows us to significantly decrease our carbon footprint by reducing CO2 emissions generated by material consumption and printing processes of the press to more than five percent, paper waste by up to 80 percent, energy consumption by more than 15 percent and waste by up to five percent.
• Our printing plant is outfitted with energy-efficient lighting, which saves on average 75 percent more energy than previous lighting.
• Automatic ink mixers are used to eliminate the need to mix ink by hand, a conventional process that wastes inks and requires the use of hazardous solvents for clean-up. Additionally, any ink produced in error is remixed to form black ink.
• The introduction of direct-to-plate technologies has eliminated the need for film and film processing chemicals in our plant.
• We have also implemented online uploading of print proofs, which adds to our customers’ efficiency by cutting down paper use, travel time and other resources.
Green Certified Papers, Inks & Processes
• We consult our clients when selecting papers to think of eco-friendly options first. We offer a wide selection of FSC, SFI and PEFC options, as well as recycled, acid-free and processed chlorine-free papers. We also promote the use of Green-e and carbon neutral papers.
• We use soy and other vegetable-based inks, which are less harmful to the environment and widely recognized as the environmentally-friendly choice.
• We use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic chemicals and cleaning solvents and have eliminated isopropyl alcohol from the press dampening systems. We also employ a solvent recycler to reduce the amount of hazardous materials we keep on site.
Original Impressions, LLC (OI) is a full service marketing communications company specializing in Creative Design, Web Development, Printing, Mailing/Fulfillment and Marketing Consulting for clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including Banking, Beverages, Cosmetics, Cruise Lines, Fast Food, Healthcare, Hospitality and Pharmaceuticals. Original Impressions is one of the first triple certified Marketing Communications companies in South Florida authorized to purchase FSC, SFI and PEFC certified paper and print the certified logos on its clients’ marketing materials. It is one of the “Top 100 Minority Businesses in South Florida” and one of the “Top 500 Hispanic Companies in the U.S.” It is also a Certified Minority Supplier at the local, state and national levels. To learn more about Original Impressions, please visit the company’s Web site at www.originalimpressions.com.
*If a certified sustainable sheet is not available or does not exist, a comparable paper of equivalent specifications/value will be provided.