Dscoop9 Conference Advises Members to 'Break the Mold'
ORLANDO, FL—It was anything but business as usual for the more than 2,000 HP digital print professionals from around the globe who attended the Dscoop9 conference in person and virtually last week here. The theme and directive at the conference was for Dscoop members to “break the mold.”
Attendee turnout marked a 25 percent increase in print service provider attendees from last year’s event and included attendees from 33 countries around the world.
Conference attendees discovered that their educational opportunities would not end with the conference. The guiding principle behind Dscoop University, which officially debuted the first day of the conference, is to provide members with a year-round educational industry resource. Dscoop University offers a personalized and practical curriculum in a blended learning environment; members have access to online learning, downloadable training materials and instructor-led courses. At Dscoop9, educational sessions were also live streamed to enable more global members to learn and interact virtually.
Other conference highlights from Dscoop9 included:
• The largest Solutions Showcase in conference history featuring the latest printing technologies and products from a record 100 partners encompassed 36,500 square feet.
• More than 1,100 demos of HP’s Latex 3000 and 260 and Designjet Z6200 and Z3200 presses over the course of three days.
• The first public demo in the Americas of the HP Indigo 30000 digital press, which enables new carton folding applications.
• The announcement of the new Tell Your Story Sales, a program leveraging best-in-class sales techniques, tools, more than 100 digital assets, videos and PowerPoints to help HP graphic arts business owners to more effectively communicate and partner with their customers to achieve mutual success. This program was created by HP and jointly delivered through Dscoop, empowering Dscoop members like never before.
• Two opening keynote speakers: Business consultant Scott Stratten provided his original take on viral, social and authentic marketing, which he calls “un-marketing,” and business thought leader and best-selling author Jason Jennings shared his five growth secrets of the world’s best performing companies and leaders.