Mohawk Fine Papers Launches Line of Environmental Papers
COHOES, NY—April 1, 2010—Today, Mohawk Fine Papers, a third-generation family-owned business, announced the launch of Mohawk Loop: the world’s most comprehensive line of recycled and environmentally preferable papers. Made with renewable energy and post-consumer fiber — including the largest selection of 100% postconsumer waste (pcw) options — these papers offer an unquestionable environmental pedigree without sacrificing quality, variety or performance. The line also includes the new coated Mohawk Silk with 50% pcw. For details: www.mohawkpaper.com/getintheloop.
With this introduction, Mohawk Loop makes it easier and simpler for businesses, as well as designers and printers, to do the right thing for the environment. Whether a company is producing a business card, an invitation, a brochure, a bag, a label, a package or a hangtag, Mohawk Loop offers the greatest array of environmental papers to help brands communicate effectively, strategically, responsibly and beautifully.
Loop helps minimize the environmental footprint for paper specification. The world’s most robust environmentally preferable paper line includes:
• he largest selection of 100% postconsumer waste (pcw), recycled papers
• A rich color palette with 35 shades ranging from bright white to rich black, with fibered shades and fashion colors
• Eight finishes, including a remarkable “silk coated” finish with 50% pcw, among the highest pcw content coated papers available
• All the most popular weights, from writing papers to extra heavy covers and paperboard for packaging
• Envelopes stocked in commercial and announcement sizes
Mohawk Loop is entirely FSC-certified, manufactured with Green-e certified windpower, and made carbon neutral. Green Seal certification is pending. Mohawk Loop papers are packaged in Mohawk’s new environmentally responsible packaging materials.
Mohawk Loop is one of at least a dozen paper-industry firsts from Mohawk. Mohawk Fine Papers was the first mill to make coated paper with post-consumer waste, the first mill to be certified by Green Seal, and the first to support windpower projects through the purchase of renewable energy credits. With Mohawk Loop, Mohawk continues to assume environmental leadership and responsibility in the broadest sense.