Mohawk Announces Major Expansion of Digital Substrate LineApril 16, 2013
Mohawk Dimensional Premium Polyester
- Pre-perforated shapes enable a quick and easy print and finish solution for a variety of print applications
- Eliminate costly and time consuming diecutting and laminating bindery steps
- Resistant to moisture, chemicals and grease
- Pre-perforated templates available at MohawkMakeReady.com: name badges, bookmarks, door hangers, ID cards, luggage tags, parking pass, plant tags, and multipack
- New dimensional formats are always being added to the portfolio
Mohawk Synthetic Recycled Polyester
- Made with 30 percent Post-consumer recycled material
- Offers the same whiteness, opacity and smoothness features of Mohawk Premium Polyester
Mohawk Synthetic Polyester
- Expanded weights now available
- Value priced option engineered for high performance
Mohawk Synthetic Paper
- Soft and supple feel with high durability
- Less costly than polyester
- Outstanding toner adhesion
The most comprehensive digital resources in the industry
With this expansion, Mohawk adds 68 new synthetic products specifically engineered for dry toner presses. The line expansion brings the total number of specialty substrates to over 120—making Mohawk’s digital portfolio the broadest and most extensive available for HP Indigo and dry toner use.
Since 1998, Mohawk has been leading the industry with category-defining substrates for digital printing. Today, Mohawk offers a substrate solution for virtually every digital press platform on the market and is a single source for all digital print needs.
Mohawk offers the most comprehensive package of digital resources in the industry, including fine papers, specialty products, production papers, a team of dedicated and knowledgeable digital specialists, industry-leading website MohawkMakeReady.com, downloadable templates, a digital product finder, and digital equipment/substrate compatibility matrix.
Mohawk is North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes which are preferred for commercial and digital printing, photo specialties and high-end direct mail. Mohawk fine papers and envelopes include the signature brands Mohawk Superfine and Strathmore, as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell and i-Tone. With a culture of innovation, Mohawk’s business model now extends beyond paper manufacturing into new areas of growth, including digital substrates and web-based software platforms, which connect designers and printers to new markets.
As a leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices, Mohawk was the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100 percent of its electricity with wind power renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production. Mohawk’s portfolio of recycled papers is certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Mohawk is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business based in Cohoes, NY, with global sales and operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.