MGI Wins Best Product of the Year Award for JETvarnish Ink-jet Coater
IVRY SUR SEINE, FRANCE—April 6, 2009—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the multi-substrate (paper and plastic) digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, has received the “Best Product of the Year 2009” award given by the European Digital Press Association (EDP) for the JETvarnish digital ink-jet spot UV coater.
The EDP is a newly formed European association for the burgeoning digital print industry. It was established by seven of Europe’s leading digital print magazines in October 2006 in Salzburg (Austria) and represents a readership of more than 1,000,000 professionals (including recently incorporated publications).
The award was presented during Grafitalia 2009, the International Print Show in Milan (Italy). Victor Abergel, MGI’s Executive Vice President, accepted the EDP award in the category “Production Printer Finishing Device.”
Less than a year after its first presentation at drupa 2008, the JETvarnish has received its second award from an international and prestigious jury. The first award, “Oscar de l’Emballage” was presented in November 2008 during Emballage (World Packaging Exhibition), which was held in Paris.
The revolutionary JETvarnish is the first offline digital inkjet spot UV coater, accommodating up to 52 x74cm/20×29” sheets and utilizing MGI’s patented inkjet technology. The 100% digital JETvarnish can handle runs from one to thousands with ease with full variable data capabilities. Computer controlled drop-on-demand print heads allow for precise spot coverage and the integrated ozone-free UV lamp enables instant drying.
• Drastically lower production cost compared to offset or screen spot varnish methods
• No plates, screens or messy cleanup required with virtually no makeready
• Accommodates a wide range of coated paper and plastic substrates, up to 600gsm/220lb cover
• Produces up to 2,500 52 x 74cm / 20 x 29” sheets per hour
• MGI’s Eco-Concept: environmentally friendly design virtually eliminates waste of raw materials and packaging, is ozone and solvent free and utilizes “green” consumables